Job Role: Senior Manager, FinOps
Job Location: Bangalore
The Senior Manager, FinOps position will collaborate with our technology and business partners to understand cloud consumption, drive continuous cost efficiencies, and align cloud spending with business objectives. We are seeking an experienced leader with in-depth knowledge and experience across public clouds (GCP, Azure and AWS) with an emphasis on billing analysis and cost management best practices. In addition to public cloud financial management, the role oversees on-prem data center capacity planning, and contract and license management for the CloudInfra organization.
This function bridges the gap between Finance and Technology. The ability to understand numbers, analyze data and communicate effectively is critical for success in this role. This job requires an understanding of 7.ai’s technology stack, public cloud strategy and resources. This role entails setting up governance of public cloud usage by establishing accountability of spend to each department by setting targets, tracking real-time consumption and costs, driving cost optimization, deciding on sourcing pricing strategy as well as understanding our unit economics.
- Build financial models for forecasting cloud costs, budgeting, and identification of savings opportunities.
- Monitor cloud usage and identify anomalies in a timely manner. Work with service owners to remediate issues and improve processes to prevent recurring issues.
- Analyze, report, and produce relevant insights from cloud billing and usage.
- Host two weekly FinOps meetings: 1) Review weekly cloud spend in preparation for a call with senior leaders, and 2) Track upcoming renewals and purchase requests.
- Present weekly cloud financial insights to senior leaders on consumption, savings and assist with budget alignment across teams.
- Assist with defining and tagging of 7.ai’s public cloud resources.
- Provide support for various requests such as billing and cloud cost inquiries.
- Partner with the Tech teams to understand their current cloud spend, and deliver accurate forecasts based on their business drivers and roadmap.
- Collaborate with partners to continuously identify cloud cost optimization opportunities and drive strategic cost-savings initiatives.
- Develop a culture of cost accountability among teams by staying updated on Cloud’s evolving service offerings, trends, pricing models, and driving the implementation of FinOps standard processes to enhance efficiency.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps, cost optimization, and onboarding processes.
- Track all contracts and licenses for the CloudInfra organization. Create tickets for tracking, work with owners on the bill of material, assist with creation of Purchase Requests (PR) and track progress through Purchase Order (PO) being released to the vendors.
- Assist with CloudInfra forecasting, budgeting, and gap analysis.
- Point person for audits such as PCI-DSS, customer and internal.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, data analytics, or related experience in cloud spend and business partnering.
- 10+yrs of experience in Strong analytical, modeling and forecasting skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and present data in a visually compelling format to financial and non-financial audiences.
- Ability to perform changes such as quota, tags, commitments, and reservations.
- Knowledge and experience with CloudWatch, BiqQuery and Synapse.
- Familiarity with monitoring and reporting tools/APIs.
- Solid understanding of FP&A activities and principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud provider billing methods and concepts.
- Experience with Public cloud financial tools and cost management.
- Knowledge of FinOps principles and standard methodologies.
· Experience with PCI-DSS and SOC audits.
- Experience handling major cost-saving projects from inception through post-implementations.
- FinOps certified practitioner
- GCP, Azure or AWS certifications