Sr. Technical Data Analyst
2nd Watch has an opening for an Sr. Cloud Economics Technical Analyst to join our team! Located in Liberty Lake, Washington the Sr. Optimization Technical Analyst will be responsible for analyzing cloud based customer usage patterns for trends and variances which support overall optimization of customer spend. Additionally, they will provide meaningful insights to internal business units in support of customer facing value propositions and developing internal efficiencies. The OTA will also assist in developing our Enterprise Data Lake (EDL)which supports actionable intelligence to internal business units and our customers.
Scope and Accountability
- Works collaboratively as a member of the 2nd Watch team to manage data flows from a variety of systems into the EDL. Leverages data warehousing concepts to develop efficient processes to manage large amounts of data monthly.
- Collaborates with member of the Product Development team to design, build and optimize reporting solutions using cloud native technologies such as Redshift.
- Collaborates with the account managers to assist in providing cost optimization recommendations for clients as requested by account managers and as part of the Optimization Team.
- Collaborates with sales teams to provide analytics and business value cases for products related to cost optimization and future product features targeted at Cloud provider billing file consumption or utilization KPI’s.
- Collaborates with cross functional stakeholders on monthly dashboards, reports, Financial and Margin analytics, including margin and profitability by client.
- Advanced SQL knowledge, including query building and query optimization
- Experience with data ingestion, cleaning, and validation methodologies
- Experience with dashboarding tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc
- Experience with or strong desire to learn dbt (data build tool)
- Experience with data warehousing technologies in the cloud such as Redshift and RDS
- Experience or desire to learn how to perform analysis in some non-SQL based language such as Python, R, etc
- Familiarity with Snowflake as a data warehousing tool
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling, analytics and scenario management.
- Ability to work with customers to understand current and emerging needs and translate into product requirements.
- Proficiency with Multi-Cloud Technologies at the enterprise level (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Expertise in managing large data sets with the ability to provide actionable insights through analytics and business needs.
- Ability to translate complex analytics into consumable intelligence for varying level of end-users.