Role: Manager, Cloud FinOps
Location: Abu Dhabi
A Cloud Financial Operations Lead (FINOPS) will work across our Cloud organizations to deliver Financial operations of Cloud services aligned with business capability delivery, with a focus on providing cloud services at best value, best cost.
The FINOPS Lead will work under the CCoE team and leads and the Bank’s cloud financial operations and collaborate with vendor management leads to track and optimization cloud footprints that result in highly reliable, scalable, and cost-effective services enabling the ADIB to meet audit requirements, control costs, and mitigate risk to ensure maximum value of infrastructure and supporting services.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
- Be a FinOps evangelist to help others realize the value of cloud cost management.
- Define and Implementer of the FinOps model for Azure cloud environment.
- Provide cost estimation and monthly/quarterly/annual billings for Azure Cloud platforms.
- Develop ROI/Use Cases with stakeholders and position value and investment planning.
- Develop chargeback capability for cloud usage by Business unites/program/projects in ADIB.
- Advise executive sponsors and stakeholders regarding the design, development, and operation of the Cloud billing solution as it pertains to critical business and technical objectives.
- Actively develop, implement, and manage a cloud billing roadmap with the bank’s Cloud leadership team.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for the understanding of the cloud and other billing systems to help shape technical requirements and solutions.
- Provide input and tracking of cloud costs to the of overall financial budgets, forecasts and actuals.
- Support Head of Cloud Solutions in establishing a FinOps squad including Finance, engineering and vendor management.
- Ensure we have the right tooling and capabilities in place to enable our FinOps roadmap.
- Enable recharge, showback, budgeting and forecasting as core capabilities of cloud management. Product teams should have full visibility of the cloud cost of products should be empowered to be accountable for these costs.
- Enable Reserved instances in ADIB with the appropriate governance, processes and tooling to support it.
- Establish cloud optimization frameworks and support platform administration teams in optimization of their resources.
- Define and report against KPIs for FinOps
- Ensure support for commercial and legal requirements within our cloud estate.
- Working in sprints, break down work into actionable items which drive incremental improvements in our FinOps capabilities.
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge, Technical Competencies Required for this role:
- The candidate must have experience with cloud billing technologies specifically Azure and identify opportunities for optimization of Azure environment.
- Working knowledge of Azure cloud billing tools and VMware Cloud health.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in cloud compute, storage, networks, devices, services modeling and automation with middleware.
- Expertise in process optimization/automation.
- Experience with full software-development lifecycle – understanding and appreciation of the inception, design, construction, deployment and management aspects of a solution.
- Comfortable integrating billing solutions across multiple cloud implementations simultaneously,
- Capable of collaborating and working closely with cross-functional teams, technical staff, engineers, business and solution architects and partners to identify gaps and structure problems affecting billing results.
- Knowledge in systems integrating with Data and ML platforms for Cloud billing.
- Must demonstrate strong people leadership skills, project management and communication skills.
- Public cloud experience (Azure-must, Google/AWS-Nice to have).
- Demonstrable experience in Cloud Cost Management.
- Experience in Cloud Governance, security.
- Broad knowledge of Public Cloud Hosting offerings and consumption models.
- Experience in Scrum/agile way of delivery.
- 6+ Years of experience working as a Cloud technology analyst or a solution architect at an enterprise level
- 6+ years of experience with cloud integration and/or billing transformation initiatives