We are looking for a Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer who is interested in shaping the future of Aera Technology’s Cloud Operations spend management. You will work closely with infrastructure and finance stakeholders to forecast and provide impactful analysis, insights, and recommendations. This position will report to the VP of Cloud Infrastructure and Operations.
- Build and define financial observability and operation tooling for our cloud platforms.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization and efficiencies by analyzing Azure invoices and spend patterns coupled with using product discovery techniques interacting with existing cloud initiatives.
- Research and track cost plans, Azure Reservations, and Savings Plans.
- Be recognized as a visible evangelist promoting FinOps principles, best practices and culture to increase ability to understand cloud spend and optimization opportunities.
- Be acutely aware of cloud spend footprint and detect any unusual consumption.
- Utilize the Azure cost datasets to innovate data analysis that helps the organization better understand and react to cloud spend.
- Implementation of additional governance and compliance policies for Azure
- Integrate cost optimizations and forecasting into the Aera toolset
- Further development of the FinOps strategy as an important pillar in the area of the entire cloud environment
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization, at scale in Azure, GCP, and AWS
- Work independently and as part of a team on multiple concurrent projects
- Strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies
- Experience with scripting and automation of cost and billing reports for at least one public cloud, highly desired
- Expertise with tools such as Azure Cost Management, Azure Cost Management & Billing; Policy; Budgets; Advisor, GCP Cloud Billing Reports, and AWS Cost Explorer
- A high performer who is an expert at their craft, constantly challenging the status quo
- Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, and Azure services
- Exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- 3+ years of experience with Azure in a administrative function
- Cloud certifications (Azure, AWS, GCP) or FinOps Practitioner certifications