Cloud FinOps Engineer
Published: 22nd December 2022
Closing Date: 4th February 2023
The Agilent IT Computing Services (CS) team is looking for a highly motivated cloud engineer to help optimize cost for a variety of solution implementations on AWS. In the cloud financial management role, your focus will involve analyzing resource utilization trend information to improve efficiency and performance across deployments on AWS. You will need to drive teams to improve resource utilization at a minimum cost, supply standard methodology documentation as reusable artifacts across the organization, and drive adoption of technology and methodology that deliver simple, scalable, and efficient solutions.
- 8 years of information technology, development, or business intelligence/analytics experience.
- Experience with AWS in a solution deployment, architectural, and administrative capacity.
- Detailed understanding of cost management, billing, and cost optimization techniques in a global multi-account enterprise AWS environment.
- Detailed understanding of AWS and Azure savings plans, reservations, and their application in a multi-account enterprise environment for services such as EC2, S3, EBS, OpenSearch, RDS, Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management + Billing, etc.
- Experience with relational data models and relational database solution implementation.
- Experience processing and analyzing large data sets (exceeding 10 million records/set) using analytical applications and native tools within AWS.
- Ability to write original user documentation.
- Full life cycle implementation of multiple solutions on AWS.
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Experience with design, implementation, and management of database solutions at scale.
- Experience developing ETL processes.
- Experience with cloud native data warehouse solutions such as AWS Redshift.
- Experience with AWS China.
- Distributed version control experience with Git and representative workflows.
- Experience using a language with cloud provider SDK support such as Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
- Experience with publishing searchable documentation on collaboration platforms such as wikis.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Explain complex concepts in simple terms through written and oral communication.
- Good understanding of data networks and cost implications of distributed workload placement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS.
The US pay range for this full-time position is $111,200.00 – $205,025.00/yr, plus eligibility for bonus, stock and benefits. Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum new hire pay for the position across the relevant US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. During the hiring process, a recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for a preferred location. Additional details are available at: https://careers.agilent.com/locations/americas/united-states/
This is a remote position
email firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.
The salary range for this position may differ based on your actual work location.
- Company: Agilent Technologies
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- Salary: $111,200 $205,025
- FinOps Certifications Required: None