The overarching objective of the Cost Management Engineer is to assist the organisation in providing recommendations for cost avoidance on AIA’s Group shared Public Cloud consumption.
The role will ensure all cloud consumption is allocated internally via established process and is in line budgeted expectations. Furthermore, the role will look to provide ongoing recommendations to application owners on where to reduce or optimize cloud consumption spend.
The role will work closely with the other supporting external services, such as managed service providers and other consulting agencies on a project basis.
The role will act as a single point of contact for cloud cost related matters on behalf of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Aid the IT Finance team for monthly Cloud Consumption reporting
- Provide Cost Center Owners within Group Office and Business Units, actionable recommendations on cloud spend to optimize their cloud spend
- Ensure tagging compliance in the cloud environment is always above 95%
- Ensure data feeds to automated dashboards are always available
- Key contributor to monthly governance reporting on cloud spend and recommendations
- Be the single point of contact within AIA for all cloud cost related matters
- Be able to distil complex concepts to plain terms for business leaders to understand
- Have a passion for data accuracy and providing clear easy to follow insights for cloud optimization
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2+ years relevant experience in Cloud Cost Management, FinOps or Vendor Client Success Management
- Proven experience with data visualisation tools (PowerBI / Tableau)
- Excellent understanding and proven experience in using and managing collaboration spaces (Confluence, Microsoft Teams / SharePoint)
- Working experience within an IT based team or organization
- Working experience with Cloud Cost Management (FinOps) tools
- Proven experience plus relevant professional certifications (Azure, AWS etc)
- Experience within regulated industry and regional or multinational scope organization
- Experience within a decentralized organization, preferably within the Group unit
- Sound understanding of IT operating model design and best practices
- Ability to demonstrate independent leadership, judgment, and decision making
- Ability to adjust to multiple and changing priorities, remaining flexible and open
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of peer levels
- Commercial acumen and understanding of Cloud Consumption based constructs
- Analytical and communication skills to understand business context; and enquire, counsel, and present solutions in an understandable and simple manner
- Be a self-starter and possess the confidence and skills to operate well within a team of highly skilled peers.