Cloud FinOps Specialist
Published: 27th October 2022
Closing Date: 27th February 2023
Purpose of the role:
The Cloud FinOps Specialist will be responsible for planning and managing Navitaire’s Azure cloud billing and consumption. The role will be performing analysis of Navitaire’s cloud infrastructure to come up with a cost-effective cloud solution/implementation. The position is expected to work with internal and external parties as well in developing and applying cost optimization strategies for Navitaire. This role will ensure the company to continue to meet business operational cost targets by implementing accurate and automated methodologies in monitoring cloud resource consumption. The role is also expected to develop a deep understanding of the architecture of different Navitaire applications to aid with the appropriate cloud infrastructure design for applications and services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop real-time cloud cost, and consumption dashboards
- Identify and implement Cost Optimizations across Navitaire’s Azure infrastructure.
- Ensure appropriate Tagging and Alert Strategies are in place to maintain and report on cost at scale.
- Develop calculators to accurately cost out new implementations.
- Work with onshore leadership and maintan Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and standard methodologies.
- Partner with Accenture SUS in understanding on-prem infrastructure and costing model as inputs for the design of the cloud implementation.
- Monitor, identify and investigate cost drivers.
- Develop and analyze cost and volume forecasting and trend reports.
- Provide regular Cost Spending reports and ad-hoc reports for Cost requests to stakeholders.
- Review capacity and cost reports, identify irregularities and work with Accenture SUS in addressing them.Manage Azure Reservation capacity.
About the ideal candidate:
- Must possess a University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar discipline with good academic records from schools with reputable CS/IT programs.
- Strong technical knowledge related to system infrastructure design and maintenance gained from 4-6 years experience in the industry.
- Experience and technical knowledge on cost optimization for cloud implementations including cloud cost forecasting and calculations at scale.
- Knowledge in developing operational metrics and reports, and driving improvements based on gathered data.
- Experience providing support and services for production accounts is a plus.
- Ability to research, learn, and adapt to emerging FinOps tools and solutions.
- Experience and knowledge on DevOps practices is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Can work in a team environment and share knowledge to team members.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Company: Amadeus
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None