Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
Position can be performed virtually / remote
The Financial Analyst (FinOps) role plays a crucial role in the continued adoption of public cloud services here at AmerisourceBergen. This position is responsible for compiling, analyzing, and reporting on cloud financial data for various organizations inside the company to ensure we are maximizing value for the business. This person will also play a crucial role as part of a team in evangelizing and growing the public cloud adoption at AmerisourceBergen by working with various stakeholders to optimize public cloud consumption. Successful candidates should be experienced analysts with strong customer engagement and communications skills.
- Responsible for complex tasks in various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis related to public cloud spend among Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud.
- Collects and reviews usage, operational, and financial data from various sources.
- Performs financial analysis to help Business Owners determine impacts of cloud adoption.
- Helps transform how AmerisourceBergen uses cloud-based analytics platforms acting as a SME and helping grow our future capabilities
- Works closely with data teams across all of AmerisourceBergen
- Defines the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and business value for moving to the public cloud
- Develops, executes, maintains, and tracks our cloud reservation portfolio
- Analyzes assigned business owner accounts, cloud usage, and capacity requirements.
- Supports cost owners in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Makes recommendations to cost owners to improve financial optimizations
- Develops plans for assigned accounts and tracks performance to plan.
- Assists in the development of optimization policies and guidelines.
- Conducts regular audits and analysis of optimization efforts, and reviews their practices and procedures, ensuring that new resources are approved, allowable, and in the best interest of the business.
- Will help identify areas of risk and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant public cloud optimization, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accounting, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor’s degree program, preferably in Business, Finance, Analytics or related discipline. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years related and progressively responsible experience in IT, accounting and/or finance.
Understanding FinOps concepts or FinOps Certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Data Analytics or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of related finance or business analysis experience.
- General knowledge of IT products and services
- Existing cloud optimization expertise is required.
- Experience managing cloud portfolios more than 5m a year
- Background in managing cloud reservations
- Understanding FinOps concepts or FinOps Certifications preferred
- Extensive cloud financial knowledge and understanding in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel spreadsheet or other related platforms for financial analysis.
- Outstanding communication skills both orally and written
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer a competitive annual bonus, life insurance from day 1 and a best-in-class health insurance package. As our employee you have the benefit of our referral bonus scheme, our boundless learning opportunities including language training and our global employee assistance program. We provide up to 6 fully paid benefit days a year and a wonderful office in Quadrum, equipped with everything you need for a small break at work and fresh snacks at all time.
Become part of our purpose-driven, multicultural team now and help us create healthier futures.