We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
At its core, the goal of the Global FinOps Team is a strategic cloud financial management organization that enables Anaplan to get maximum business value by helping engineering, finance & business teams to collaborate on data-driven spending decisions.
In this role you will develop and lead an integral team that provides visibility, data analysis, financial analysis, reporting, and dashboards to help provide the needed visibility into the Cloud Portfolio. The role will create analytics and implement a body of reporting to enable visibility and transparency into the Cloud Portfolio to help proactively manage all aspects of our cloud usage and spend and also enable and ensure clarity of storytelling in line with the company’s and Global Technology’s Cloud and Tech investments priorities. This will be accomplished through your leadership and drive of cloud Cost Governance across the organization.
- FinOps Roadmap
- Partner with Engineering, Operations and Finance to develop and evolve a high-level FinOps Strategy rollout across the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customer stakeholders to onboard them with FinOps tools and processes.
- Recommend tools to best support our FinOps function across the company.
- Cloud Governance & Reporting
- Build, supervise and improve real-time cloud cost dashboards and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain Cloud Cost KPIs, scorecards, and standard metrics.
- Create and deliver targeted stakeholder presentations, dashboards, and data visualizations that surface key observations, learnings, and recommendations.
- Create governance around cloud spend & utilization
- Drive reporting cadence to business stakeholders and executives
- Operations & Optimization
- Partner with our Cloud Engineering team to drive unit cost optimization efforts by recommending reserved instances & savings plans, uncovering rightsizing optimizations and reducing waste
- Partner with our Cloud Engineering team to ensure appropriate tagging and alerts strategies are deployed to manage costs and determine deviations from plan.
- Cost Forecast
- Partner with Finance to develop forecasting models to provide required insights to current and future cloud spend.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to accurately attribute costs to teams, help them develop forecasts and determine cost drivers of their expenses.
- Partner with Finance to maintain connection between company financial plans and cloud cost reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- Experience of Cloud Advisory & IT Financial Services or Operational Experience with Cloud Cost Governance within an IT Organization, preferably with a SaaS company
- Experience and working knowledge of native cloud cost management tooling and/or third-party cloud management or optimization platforms (e.g. AWS Cost explorer, GCP billing, Cloudhealth, Cloudability, etc.)
- Considerable experience with cloud cost optimization
- Experience creating analytical and financial models for data-driven decisions
- Practical knowledge of native cloud provider cost management capabilities and pricing models
- Experience with anomaly detection, capacity planning and rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation
- Analytical skills to collect, coordinate and present sophisticated data to a variety of audiences
- Experience in developing KPI’s and scorecards based on internal and industry benchmarks
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Passion for presenting, training, and teaching, with a strong work ethic and positive attitude