Anglepoint is seeking a Senior FinOps Practitioner-Consultant who will be responsible for advising and assisting clients in optimizing their financial operations in the cloud. This includes identifying cost savings opportunities, implementing cost management strategies, and providing financial insights and reporting. Compelling candidates must have a good understanding of cloud financial operations and cost management, experience working with cloud platforms, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Assessing and analyzing clients’ current cloud financial operations
• Identifying areas for cost savings and optimization
• Developing and implementing cost management strategies
• Providing financial insights and reporting to clients
• Collaborating with clients’ technical teams to ensure proper cost allocation and tracking
• Advising clients on best practices for cloud financial management
• Training and mentoring other FinOps consultants
Primary tasks & activities include the following:
• Drive value within any primary domain & capability of the Inform, Optimize & Operate phases of the FinOps lifecycle
• Help clients define and implement a tagging taxonomy & hierarchy-based cost allocation strategy
• Analyze the customer’s cost, billing, and usage data from cloud provider raw exports, native cloud cost tools, or third-party platforms
• Optimize cloud environments through resource optimization, reserved instances, rightsizing, and performance metrics against business objectives
• Support the FinOps practice with policy & governance, FinOps education, and IT asset management integration for organizational alignment
• 3+ years of experience working directly in Cloud FinOps, Cloud Optimization, or Cloud Cost Management
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Information Systems, finance, business management, or experience in related fields
• Broad understanding of cloud landscape, IT strategy and evolving market space (i.e. key vendors, services and technology trends)
• Certifications in cloud platforms, such as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals, GCP Cloud Digital Leader, etc.
• FinOps Foundation certifications/training, such as FinOps Certified Practitioner, FinOps Certified Professional, FinOps for Containers training, FinOps for Engineers training
• 3+ years of DevOps experience and/or collaboration
• Working knowledge of ITFM/TBM methodologies
• Experience using cloud management capabilities native within cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
• Experience using a third-party cloud cost management platform such as Apptio Cloudablity, CloudHealth, Flexera Cloud Management Platform, ServiceNow IT Operations Management, IBM Turbonomic Application Resource Management, etc.
Compensation and Benefits and Perks:
Working at Anglepoint
At Anglepoint, we are a group of talented individuals that are passionate about client success. We work on challenging problems that have a real impact every day. We take pride in our work and hold ourselves to the highest standards. Anglepoint celebrates diversity and has built an inclusive culture where everyone can be true to themselves and do their best work, all the while having tons of fun and building lasting relationships.
Anglepoint is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org