What will your day look like
As Cloud FinOps Lead at ANZ, you will:
- Lead and upskill a highly engaged and talented FinOps team to embed Cloud Cost Management awareness and best practices across the organisation
- Help ANZ define our strategy and operating model for cloud financial/cost management based on best practices/frameworks, namely FinOps
- Implement FinOps functions/practices, including but not limited to, cloud billing/invoice management, cloud cost chargeback/showback (including tagging to facilitate cost attribution), cloud forecasting/utilization tracking, and cloud cost optimisation (rightsizing, decommissioning idle/unused resources, power scheduling, reserved instances/savings plans, etc).
- Assist the implementation or enhance cloud financial management tooling, (e.g. Apptio Cloudability, CloudHealth, CloudCheckr) and native tooling options (e.g. AWS Cost Explorer/Trusted Advisor, Azure Cost Management) to support their cloud financial management outcomes.
- Support commercial negotiations with public cloud providers to improve rate optimisation (through various discount programs and incentive schemes).
- Work with an array of key stakeholders (cloud engineering/operations teams, cloud user groups) to embed cloud financial/cost management (FinOps) practices into their day-to-day operations helping accelerate outcomes (i.e. cloud cost reduction/optimisation).
- Demonstrate valuable leadership on a variety of initiatives and projects simultaneously, both internally and externally.
- Proactively identify blockers in customers realising value from cloud and lead development of relevant solutions.
- Create self-service and executive level dashboards and reports for cloud cost consumption and optimisation tracking across the organisation
What will you bring?
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following
- Experience and expertise with public cloud financial components/concepts, including but not limited to, cost & usage reports (CUR), reserved instances (RIs), savings plans, committed use discounts (CUDs), enterprise discount programs (EDPs), spot pricing, etc
- Experience with establishing and/or operating cloud cost optimisation initiatives focusing on key levers such as rightsizing, power scheduling, alternate cloud purchasing methods (RIs, savings plans, spot), decommissioning unused resources/services, etc.
- Experience with establishing cloud chargeback and/or showback for business units/projects to be accountable for their cloud usage/spend.
- Experience with interrogating cloud billing/cost & usage data to create key cost insights and reports/dashboards using Microsoft Excel, or business intelligence/data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Qlikesense, Splunk or Tableau.
- Strong financial/data analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. engineering, finance, technology and business/executive stakeholders) to achieve cloud financial/cost management outcomes.
- Experience in managing quality assurance for delivery across teams and playing a key role in earning customer trust and references.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated public cloud knowledge and experience (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals and/or Google Cloud Foundational certifications or equivalent knowledge preferred.
- Current Australian Residency and VIC based preferred
So, why join us?
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We’ll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
Job Posting End Date
23/01/2023, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)
Department: CDIS – Cloud Platform (AUS) (39970246)
Division: Group Technology (T77000)
Job Family: Banking / Core (default)