About the role
As a Cloud FinOps Analyst at ANZ, you will join an inclusive and welcoming team of Cloud leaders as we strive to become best in the business. You will work with our cloud teams to define and establish/improve their cloud financial management practices to assist them in realising the maximum business value of cloud. This will include operating & uplifting ANZ’s cloud financial management function
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week)
What will your day look like
As Cloud FinOps Analyst at ANZ, you will:
- Help internal customers improve cloud practices and embed Cloud Cost Management awareness and best practices across the organisation
- Help ANZ define our strategy and operating model for cloud financial/cost management based on best practices/frameworks, namely FinOps
- Create cost and usage analyses, trending and forecasting reports, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption
- Provide expert knowledge of cloud cost optimization strategies (e.g. rightsizing, power scheduling)
- Assist the implementation or enhance cloud financial management tooling, (e.g. Apptio Cloudability, CloudHealth, CloudCheckr) and native tooling options (e.g. AWS Cost Explorer/Trusted Advisor, Azure Cost Management) to support their cloud financial management outcomes.
- Work with various client stakeholders (cloud engineering/operations teams, cloud user groups) to embed cloud financial/cost management (FinOps) practices into their day-to-day operations helping accelerate outcomes (i.e. cloud cost reduction/optimisation).
- Continuously seek new value-add opportunities for and convert those new opportunities to realised value.
- Regularly coaches and mentors others on best practices, enforcing the highest standards, and providing valuable feedback on performance and career development.
- Proactively identify blockers in customers realising value from cloud and lead development of relevant solutions.
- Create self-service and executive level dashboards and reports for cloud cost consumption and optimisation tracking across the organisation
What will you bring?
We know not everyone will bring all of the skills and experience, and at ANZ we are focused on people bringing a growth mindset to their approach to work. Some of the skills we are looking for are below, but don’t worry if you don’t have all of these as learning on the job is the way we work.
But back to some of the skills –
- Experience and expertise with public cloud financial components/concepts, including but not limited to, cost & usage reports (CUR), reserved instances (RIs), savings plans, committed use discounts (CUDs), enterprise discount programs (EDPs), spot pricing, etc
- Experience with establishing and/or operating cloud cost optimisation initiatives focusing on key levers such as rightsizing, power scheduling, alternate cloud purchasing methods (RIs, savings plans, spot), decommissioning unused resources/services, etc.
- Experience with establishing cloud chargeback and/or showback for business units/projects to be accountable for their cloud usage/spend.
- Experience with interrogating cloud billing/cost & usage data to create key cost insights and reports/dashboards using Microsoft Excel, or business intelligence/data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Qlikesense, Splunk or Tableau.
- Strong financial/data analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. engineering, finance, technology and business/executive stakeholders) to achieve cloud financial/cost management outcomes.
- Experience in managing quality assurance for delivery across teams and playing a key role in earning customer trust and references.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated public cloud knowledge and experience (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals and/or Google Cloud Foundational certifications or equivalent knowledge preferred.
- Current Australian Residency and VIC based preferred