We are looking for a strong data science, cloud FinOps and finance professional with experience in both finance and cloud data. The candidate will have a mix of data science, FinOps experience, cloud engineering background with a demonstrated technical understanding of public cloud products and services balanced with strong analytical, collaborative, and communication skills.
This position will play a key role in the Technology Finance team by providing data and analytical support focused on the Cloud investments (Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure) and Software optimization. This role will work with the Global Tech FinOps, other GT teams, Tech PMO and Finance teams to provide the needed data sets, data analysis, financial analysis, reporting, dashboards to help provide the need visibility into the Cloud Portfolio. The role will create analytics and implement a body of reporting to enable visibility and transparency into the Cloud Portfolio to help proactively manage all aspects of our cloud usage and spend and also enable and ensure clarity of storytelling in line with the company’s and Global Technology’s Cloud and Tech investments priorities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytical and organized professional with a strong ability to partner with cross-functional teammates, juggle multiple competing priorities and demonstrate a strong attention to detail, confort and familiarity with cloud technology and large data sets.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you’ll be you diving deep into the Global Technology’s Cloud investment, and looking at all aspects of the cloud data, usage, cost and spend. Your deep knowledge of public cloud services, including their cost structure and technical use cases, will pair with your keen analytic abilities to help drive increased visibility into our cloud investment, focusing on optimization needs and efforts. You will develop an intimate knowledge of our Global Technology domains allowing you to produce valuable data, analysis and insights to help engage cross-sectional leadership on our cloud portfolio.
Your role will be a critical point person that the Global Tech Finance team will depend on to provide all aspects of the Cloud Data (compute, storage, network, databases, analytics etc). You will be depended on to turn all these data into reports, dashboards and actionable insights which will help support cost optimization efforts and discussions regarding the cloud investments. You will help drive operational results and help us to understand our investments in the cloud. This role requires strong data science skills, attention to detail, coordination and organizational skills, and involves managing multiple requests at various stages in the process.
Responsibilities and deliverables will include:
· Drive increased visibility into all the financial aspects (capacity, usage, cost and value) of the Cloud Portfolio
· Establish analytical and reporting capabilities to enable cloud cost planning and performance benchmarking
· Create cloud usage and cost reporting to grant the needed transparency into our cloud portfolio and enable us to proactively manage all aspects of cloud usage and spend
· Establish analytical reporting which will drive financial rigor (capacity provisioning, capacity usage, KPIs, etc) to support cost and optimization efforts.
· Bring an ‘end to end’ perspective on Technology Cloud investments; partner with relevant stakeholders and provide analysis, reporting and presentations to effectively communicate the ROI and Strategic Value of our Cloud investments.
· Work with various tech teams and stakeholders to provide the needed analytical supports to help in their ongoing cloud optimization efforts
· Implement regular communications with stakeholders on opportunities to achieve higher cloud cost optimization.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will act as an individual contributor responsible for creating data sets, analysis, reporting and financial analysis on the Cloud Portfolio and you will report directly to the Global Technology Finance Senior Director for Foundational Domains. You will partner directly with the Finance teammates, the GT FinOps team, cloud resource owners, GT Domain teams, engineers, platform owners and GT leaders who are responsible for some aspect of cloud usage and cost management.
WHAT YOU BRING
· Bachelor’s degree (preferably a masters degree) in Data Analytics, Statistics or Data Science
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related discipline or any combination of equivalent relevant education, training and experience Strong understanding of public cloud provider platforms and services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
· 7+ years experience in cloud spend (cash flow & amortized) reporting, financial modeling, economic/profit analysis, financial planning and/or portfolio management. Experience in a Fortune 500 consumer products, retail, technology, and/or digital/ecommerce company is preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
· Proficiency using third-party or cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools (e.g. CloudHealth, Cloudability, Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Mgmt+Billing)
· Working knowledge of financial close activities and accounting principles
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
· FinOps certification
· Public cloud provider certification(s)
· Understanding of Agile principles and Sprint Planning, including planning/backlog tools (e.g. JIRA)
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com