The FinOps Supervisor will help Marathon stand up a FinOps capability that encompasses the consumption of all core Infrastructure resources. The individual will help drive a culture of continuous improvement and shared accountability, through the optimization of infrastructure resource consumption. This role includes working across the organization with a “Run IT like a Business” approach, to better understand how infrastructure resources, including compute, storage, cloud services, networks, and end-user computing services will be consumed. This activity will assist in the overall effective management of aligning our infrastructure spend to the most critical business capabilities and complex application architectures across the enterprise. This role will also ensure that consumers of our infrastructure resources are working to provide an understanding of internal and external factors that drive changes in the consumption of those resources. The individual will need to have strong relationship-building skills to work with various leaders within IT and 3rd parties, to work on planning and forecasting resource consumption, challenging changes, and providing guidance on how to optimize the utilization of that infrastructure.
- Responsible for analyzing infrastructure consumption data and providing insightful recommendations to critical product owners and consumers of our resources.
- Will work with leaders across IT to discuss the growth in usage or net new services implemented to ensure continuous alignment with the overall strategy.
- The individual will work as an advisor to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations that support the optimization of services consumption in alignment with the target strategy.
- Work closely with applications and engineering teams to monitor and optimize infrastructure consumption and spend, as well as help design alternative processes and solutions.
- Work with the Infrastructure organization proactively to manage infrastructure resources (e.g., tools, maintenance, services, etc.) in alignment with strategy.
- Analyze variances in planned consumption versus actuals and help identify how the changes impact the budget forecast.
- Lead weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly governance meetings that focus on resource consumption and guide the organization on the best utilization of infrastructure resources.
- This individual will report monthly on net new business growth, as well as savings achieved through optimization across the different teams within IT.
- Collaborate regularly with IT managers and supervisors to ensure the infrastructure consumption plan is driving the actual budget.
- Develop a Financial Operational (FinOps) Governance model that spans Cloud Fin Ops, Networks, PCs, and other IES assets.
- Collaborates closely with IT’s Business Planning and Analytics (IT BPA) Team to ensure monthly budget reconciliation is accurate.
- Govern, facilitate, and provide input to the annual budgeting process and optimization targets, in support of the infrastructure services consumption plan.
- Prepare the Infrastructure & Enterprise Services budget and forecast future financial targets leveraging existing agreements and services that support the consumption of infrastructure resources.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in IT or Finance/Business -related field
- 5 years of experience working in IT function with a focus on continuous improvement
- 3+ years of experience managing annual and monthly financial forecasts, accruals, and budget variance analysis.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud Spend optimization.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, including proficiency in Excel and PowerBI
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills and proven aptitude for numbers.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to demonstrate independent leadership, judgment, and decision-making
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, adjust to changing priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Hyperion and SAP experience preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Schedule: Hybrid – 4 days onsite/1 day remote per week
Job Type: Permanent Direct Hire