10+ years of Program and/or Financial management with experience covering as many of the following as possible: cloud services, internet services, distributed computing, and a large-scale & international user base
Strong working understanding of Excel and financial modeling. Prior data analysis experience (SQL, Tableau, Superset, Python/Jupyter Notebooks, etc.).
Strong technical experience with cloud infrastructure, large scale systems, Linux/server operating systems running on containers, big data, and networking. Bonus points for past Engineering experience.
Self-motivated, independent, and proactive. Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities. Can quickly (realtime) triage, prioritize, and lead multi-functional teams under pressure.
Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization. High operational precision and attention to detail.
Highly developed drive to improve how things work, with proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
– Help deliver the products to provide financial governance and transparency across the entire technology stack, ranging from big data analytics to ML training and production deployments, to our internal teams.
– Actively own and drive programs to reduce cloud costs while growing cloud utilization. Analyze and interpret financial data, organize data into accessible reports, perform various types of analysis and provide forecasting support. Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial data to identify trends, assess risks, and provide insight into key financial data.
– Help provide support for fiscal year infrastructure planning including building unified demand capacity estimates for different cloud substrates, perform OPEX/OCOGS split and cost allocations, and quarterly planning for the various platforms.
– Work across all AIML teams to provide a vision and implement to rapidly adopt optimal multi-cloud technologies to meet ambitious and often conflicting needs for best-in-class cloud infrastructure scale, performance, efficiency, ease-of-use, resiliency, and security.
– Bring deep understanding of new cloud technologies and resources to provide recommendations for adoption at Apple. These technologies could range from new classes of compute/GPU instances, storage layers, networking and security protocols, observability and telemetry, and continuous integration of Open Source technologies.
– Become the lead AIML voice and collaborate with AWS and GPC teams, including owning quarterly business reviews and driving adoption of new public cloud technologies by AIML teams.
– Help build roadmaps for optimizing cloud resources across Apple-owned and public cloud options.
– Provide timely updates for all project landmarks, both org-level updates and exec-level status.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $150,000 and $230,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Role Number: 200463081
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org