Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish! Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate sophisticated challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. Apple’s Services & Infrastructure Finance team is looking for a experienced and highly motivated lead with deep knowledge of cloud and infrastructure, who doesn’t shy away from asking the hard questions. You will be responsible for developing costs models for internal cloud services, leading quarterly executive review, and supporting strategic decision making and cost efficiency initiatives. This is a cross functional and strategic role, where you will be working with engineering, infrastructure, procurement.
- 7+ years knowledge of cloud services and platforms, with deep level of exposure to both public cloud (AWS, GCP) and private cloud (on-premises infrastructure)
- 5+ years of relevant experience within a financial team, focussed on planning analytics.
- Knowledge of physical computing infrastructure: data center facilities, power & space, networking, hardware
- Highly organized, action-oriented, self-accountable, and leads with integrity.
- Analytical and technical prowess. Proven ability to collect, organize, and analyze
- Large financial and operational data sets. Advanced skills in SQL and Excel.
- Strong team player with project management skills who can work well with both
- Engineering and non-engineering groups in matrix organization
- Excellent collaborator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Own, define and create the financial models for internal cloud services • Facilitate strategic quarterly service reviews with leadership • Establish standard costs for physical and virtual computing resources • Develop framework for build vs buy decision-making. • Produce financial insights on cloud resource understanding and management • Identify and drive cost saving and efficiency opportunities with engineering teams. • Conduct cost analysis across internal services and public cloud offerings (e.g. AWS, GCP). • Create and drive process implementation and new tool development. • Facilitate monthly 3rd party cloud forecast spend reviews, partnering with every Organization across the entire company, e.g. iCloud, AI-ML, R&D, Maps, Music etc.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, engineering/ computer science, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative competence.