Cloud Technical Account Manager
Published: 21st March 2023
Closing Date: 30th April 2023
As a Cloud Technical Account Manager, you will act as a trusted advisor to Apptio’s Cloud customers by enabling them to use Apptio’s Cloud products to achieve their business objectives. You will leverage a strong technical background and business acumen to understand customer requirements and translate those requirements into how to configure the Apptio suite of products in order to drive meaningful value for each customer. You will have good project management and stakeholder management skill sets and thrive in a fast paced and innovative environment.
You’ll partner with customers to develop and execute success plans: organizational, programmatic and technical strategies to meet their business objectives and stakeholder goals. Further, you will recommend best practices and organizational changes to accelerate their onboarding and adoption plans. You will also act as a customer advocate for product features and requirements.
We are looking for someone to join a team of people who are bright, proactive and passionate about making their customers wildly successful. This person loves working with customers, guiding them, answering questions, and building great relationships with rapport and credibility. The Cloud Technical Account Manager has a strong technical aptitude, who loves to problem solve, and enjoys being challenged by complex technical questions. The Cloud Technical Account Manager will be the primary point of contact for product adoption with a focus on increasing the customer’s time to value. You will deliver technical guidance and best practices on the Apptio products through mentoring on solution design, performance and scalability.
Our Cloud Technical Account Managers help customers transform their IT organizations by helping them understand how to design and deploy an effective Cloud Cost Management strategy leveraging Apptio’s suite of Cloud Products and services, and ensure that customers are able to maximize their investment.
The Cloud Technical Account Manager will manage a portfolio of customers with a focus on optimizing their current capabilities and expanding their use cases by providing them with deep technical mentoring in support of their Cloud initiatives on their roadmap. Success is measured from the renewal of the Apptio solution. The Technical Account Manager will form close partnerships with our Account Managers, Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to contribute to the ongoing success of our customers, as well identify upsell opportunities.
- Integrity: integrity of the individual and the organization
- Passion for performance: a passion for performance and a bias for action, creating real value for all our customers and help them maximize their Apptio ROI
- Innovation: seeking breakthrough opportunities, taking risks and initiating meaningful change
- Focus on people: demonstrating respect for all, and mutual commitment to the success of our team, our business and the customers we serve
- Be the primary product expert and be able to answer customer questions on product capabilities, including product differentiation.
- Understand in detail the configuration of each customer’s Apptio Cloudability implementation so that training and mentoring opportunities can be easily identified in a proactive manner.Drive the successful adoption of Apptio’s suite of Cloud products at key organizations to help customers realize the business value of our partnership and offerings.
- Create value for customers by partnering to define success and building a joint plan with identified objectives, stakeholders, milestones, risks, and metrics needed to achieve their goals.
- Work closely with the customer Cloud Center of Excellence to ensure they become power users of our solution, as well as performing remote training to the consumers as needed.
- Proactive mentoring of Apptio’s products to identified stakeholders for broad adoption.
- Drive customer enablement plans against the customer’s Cloud roadmap to ensure that adoption is mapped to customer’s true needs.
- Coordinate with Support, Product Management, R&D, & Customer Success to ensure the appropriate level of response to customer needs.
- Assist with driving Apptio best practices and sharing knowledge throughout the organization.
- Act as customer advocate providing feedback on Product enhancements and requirements.
- Drive or participate in internal organizational initiatives.
- B.S. Computer Science, an Engineering degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years solid experience in a Technical consultant, Product specialist or Technical analyst role for medium to large-scale business software implementation projects.
- At least 1 year of customer account management experience.
- Previous experience in Managed Services is preferred however, consulting experience or professional services experience is acceptable.
- High-level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments.
- ITIL or equivalent & Project management skills and experience a plus.
- Ability to travel
- Comfortable learning new products and processes
- Client-focused attitude.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively over the telephone, via web based presentations and/or in person.
- Strong Attention to Detail and Excellent analytical, data analysis, & problem solving skills.
- Strong relationship building skills with customers and across company departments.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task across multiple streams of work.
- Proactive, Resilient and resourceful when solving complex problems.
- An understanding of customers business initiatives and FinOps best practices.
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure environment.
- An outgoing, focused and organized person with a strong will to succeed.
- Knowledge public cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure and Google
- Infrastructure Operations experience
- Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and data modeling.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex spreadsheets/data in order to streamline the underlying processes into the Apptio solution; versed in formulaic logic (e.g. Excel).
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
- Skilled at working with large data sets (in Excel, Access, Flat Files), quickly detecting and resolving data-related issues.
- Company: Apptio
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- FinOps Certifications Required: None