Apptio’s FinOps Consultants play a very dynamic role. It requires someone who can speak at a technology, business, and financial level to fluently act as the customer’s expert guide to managing their cloud spending. You’ll join Apptio’s Customer Success team, a tight knit group of experts obsessed with helping customers to achieve their goals.
In a typical day, you’ll be working with FinOps Practice Management customers as you lead them through discovery engagements to clearly understand the customer’s defined objectives and participate in the delivery of meeting those objectives. You’ll be asked to dive a layer deeper into specific groups (Lines of Business, Finance, Technology) to understand each group’s needs and responsibilities against the overall company objectives. You will synthesize a future state that will allow the customer to be successful. You will identify gaps that the customer may have that would prevent them from achieving that success and then build plans to close those gaps. Working closely with FinOps Principals, you will document and present your findings with the customer and encourage open productive discussion.
For an existing customer you will be executing the plan created specifically for that customer while also responding to requests from the customer and changes to the customer’s objectives. As their business changes, we need to recalculate our path to their success. You will interact regularly with the customer’s team and even take action to make changes to the customer’s cloud account to execute your recommendations. You will setup and configure the Apptio Cloudability platform to align to the needs assessed for your customers engaging with Cloudability Technical Account Managers and the India COE as part of the delivery team.
As an organization, Apptio has a very strong culture; it is open, transparent, and very customer focused. Leaders in the organization consistently showcase the following key attributes and look to build teams that embrace these qualities every day:
- Growth Mindset
- Dealing with ambiguity and change
- Take ownership and has accountability
- Foster an inclusive environment
- Work closely with new customers to guide them through the Professional Services Practice Management and Advisory services Discovery, Planning, and Execution process
- Analyze customer business objectives and use the Apptio Cloudability platform to build insightful reporting and dashboards
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to help customers ensure they are making the most cost-efficient choices
- Perform analysis, create decks and present regular operational reviews to customer leadership
- Collaborate with an internal global team to grow a strategically important part of the Apptio business
- Partner with other Apptio domain experts to bring together the collective suite of Apptio products to generate insights across customers total IT spend
- Be the voice of the customer, champion and advocate for customer requirements with our Product and Engineering teams
- Contribute educational content, blog posts, and tutorials to help customers derive more value from Apptio Cloudability
Experience & Education:
- S. in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Finance or equivalent (not mandatory)
- Proven experience in business analysis, consulting, customer success or equivalent experience
- 3+ Years demonstrated public cloud knowledge and experience (AWS, Azure, GCP): AWS Cloud Practitioner certification or equivalent knowledge
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification or higher (or equivalent knowledge)
- Strong scripting or data science experience via Python, BASH, SQL, R, etc.
- FinOps Practitioner, Cloud Financial Management or equivalent Certifications
- Skilled at building relationships with customers and co-workers
- Proven track record of developing frameworks to solve ambiguous problems and leveraging data to derive insights that lead to actionable recommendations
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts
Location & Travel
- US Remote Role
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid Private Health Insurance, Income Protection, Death and TPD Insurance, and Paid Parental Leave.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers, including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.