FinOps Practice Manager
Published: 3rd November 2022
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
The FinOps Practice Manager will work to grow, scale, and optimize the FinOps practice on the Professional Services team in the Americas. This role will report directly to the VP Customer Success in the Americas. This role requires working cross-functionally within the Professional Services Team, Customer Succes Teams, and the Sales Organization. The FinOps delivery is a key specialized skill within our Cloud On-Boarding packages. There are also customers who have purchased FinOps Advisory services directly. This manager will help provide thought leadership around FinOps and help us build a strong position in the marketplace with respect to our reputation and capabilities.
As an organization, Apptio has a very strong culture; it is open, transparent, and very customer focused. Leaders in the organization consistently showcase the following key attributes and look to build teams that embrace these qualities every day:
- Growth Mindset
- Dealing with ambiguity and change
- Take ownership and has accountability
- Foster an inclusive environment
This role will manage FinOps professionals who support Elevated and Advanced on-boarding packages in the Americas. For some of our clients, this requires an introduction to FinOps for the first time along with Maturity Assessment model, Use Case Alignment, architecture review and establishing a FinOps practice. For customer who have established FinOps practice or are more mature, the methodology and deliverables are similar, but it will require a deeper understanding of the customer FinOps requirements.
In addition to the on-boarding packages, there is a FinOps consulting practice that we are growing with customers who are looking for FinOps Advisory services on an on-going basis. The FinOps practice manage will grow this team and help provide thought leadership by working with our team to develop white papers, regular industry webinars on FinOps best practices, engage and ramp our key strategic partner FinOps resources, work closely with the FinOps council and support our global Apptio development of FinOps best practices across regions outside of the Americas. This leader will help us foster a community of enabled FinOps practitioners.
This role will work closely with the VP Cloud GTM, Cloudy on-boarding manager, off-shore cloud resources, CS Sales, and our sales organization directly. This role will provide internal FinOps enablement cross-functionally, support Apptio at industry events, user conference and in the FinOps community.
To succeed, the FinOps Practice Manager must be exceptional in their delivery capability and build repeatable process that will continue to scale as this is the fastest growing part of the Apptio portfolio.
- Responsible for the FinOps Professional Services business in the Americas
- Responsible for the delivery and customer satisfaction of FinOps deployments
- Improve the methodology of the FinOps delivery within the cloud on-boarding packages and stand-alone advisory services
- Provide customer references and testimonials based on business value customer achieves
- Work closely with pre-sales, sales, and marketing to support increased sales, customer success and delivery wins
- Capture and incorporate key learnings from project teams in the field
- Report key findings and conclusions to management
- Participate in strategic planning for Global Services and Customer Success
Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of system implementation or SI consulting experience preferably at a medium to large scale SaaS business software company
- FinOps certification and experience delivery FinOps services to customers
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Finance or equivalent
- Deep understanding of the role of services at a SaaS software company
- Experienced with traditional and SaaS onboarding methodologies
- Ability to prioritize among competing high-priority demands
- Demonstrated client relationship and people skills
- Client-focused attitude — a customer advocate
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Collaborator with solid communication and presentation skills
- High level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments
- Strong understanding of project delivery tools and principles
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to less technical audiences, both internal and external
- The ideal candidate will be a high-energy professional, but with a controlled ego. He/she will have exceptional leadership, communications, and people skills with a mature executive presence.
- The successful candidate will be able to work and stay focused in an environment that is evolving and rapidly changing. The company has a well-developed non-bureaucratic, can-do, and operationally efficient culture that is deeply ingrained and must be respected.
- The candidate will possess the ability to effectively build strategic working relationships and develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Ability to build trust and display confidence in his or her intentions and those of the organization.
- This leader will have the ability to help leverage the benefits of Apptio’s solutions across the entire Apptio ecosystem. With substantial depth and breadth of applied judgment, he/she must be upbeat, positive, and purposeful, with the ability to map opportunities and galvanize resources to the right opportunity at the appropriate time.
- A collaborator who is goal-oriented and confident, this individual must demonstrate an ability to get things done, working in concert with other top executives.
- The successful candidate must have the maturity, flexibility, and business judgment to help the entire organization grow, reaching agreed-upon targets in a disciplined and process-oriented fashion characterized by high-growth expectations.
- The successful candidate will have unquestionable integrity and the ability to inspire confidence with an open, trustworthy, and engaging style.
Location & Travel:
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Company: Apptio
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner