The Strategic Account Manager is an individual contributor role responsible for managing a defined set of current Apptio customers. This role offers tremendous visibility within Apptio’s leadership team including debriefing the SVP of EMEA Sales on a frequent basis. This highly complex sales effort combines deep IT operational and financial understanding with an overriding need for solid business acumen in order to effectively convey the value of Apptio’s suite of applications to senior decision makers. In return, this position offers uncapped income potential in one of the most strategic, fastest-growing segments of the technology industry and an opportunity to join a company at the forefront of establishing de facto leadership in this new market. Position ideally located in a metropolitan city in Germany.
- Manage a defined set of current Apptio large-scale strategic customers, engaging in a continual selling effort to enhance the value of the Apptio solution and expand revenue opportunities beyond the initial subscription business.
- Focus on building relationships across a range of functions within the customer organization, to include IT Operations and Finance. Interact at both the senior executive and operational management level to effectively convey the Apptio value proposition and promote use and adoption within the customer organization.
- Will manage multiple complex sales efforts simultaneously, supporting a renewal base of multiple millions of dollars in annual revenue.
- Forecast business accurately and close both new and renewal revenue opportunities for Apptio’s Technology Business Management SaaS offering.
- Articulate the Apptio value proposition to senior business leaders like the CIO or CFO based on a deep understanding of IT operations and management Solve problems promptly and efficiently by marshaling the required Apptio resources to address customer issues and concerns.
- Will be passionate about ensuring a customer realizes significant value with Apptio.
- Requires proven experience working as a highly successful strategic technology sales experience, and/or large account management experience, with a demonstrated track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned quotas.
- Experience in selling SaaS solutions, business/financial applications, or BI solutions.
- Frequent travel required visiting prospects and customers.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Past experience should be with market leading companies that dominated their segment.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a highly complex technology sales process is essential.
- Prior experience in a start-up environment is not required but will be weighed positively.
- Candidates should have a strong executive presence – intelligent, polished, and articulate.
- Need to be able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
- Remote customer and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
- Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.
- Apptio benefits include 25 days annual leave, a benefits allowance and an optional pension.