Cloud Cost Engineer Core IT Infra CcoE System team
Published: 2nd February 2023
Closing Date: 27th February 2023
Introduction to the job
ASML – the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry – has prioritized applying Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) has already deployed both a global Azure & GCP platforms as part of a hybrid, multi-cloud strategy. Additionally, future-proof governance is established around Cloud costs management in a combination of centralized and decentralized responsibilities.
Role and responsibilities
A Cloud Business Analyst is responsible for the success of the operational governance of Cloud cost management. Ensures efficient usage of the Cloud by owning a sustainable Cloud cost management and optimization lifecycle. Is the ambassador of the CCM decentralization strategy while providing guidance and training to the stakeholders.
This role is part of the Cloud Cost Management (CCM) team within the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This team’s vision is to be the Cloud cost management enabler and trusted adviser for Cloud stakeholders across ASML. This by ensuring that the multi-cloud spend remains in control while driving the decentralized cloud cost management practice adoption.
- Proactively equip, guide and train Cloud stakeholders on the cost management practice;
- Own the CCM tool overall functionality including accesses, correct cost mapping and alignment with the vendor on feature requests;
- Identify, analyse and report opportunities and risks in the scope of Cloud cost within the Cloud portfolio;
- Chair periodic Cloud cost operational meetings with business and IT stakeholders to address opportunities & risks;
- Assist stakeholders with cost & budget management;
- Implement and maintain a KPI-based sustainable Cloud cost management and optimization lifecycle that ensures efficient usage of the Cloud;
- Provide periodic training on Cloud cost management tool and practice;
- Manage and ensure efficiency of the Cloud reservations (financial commitments) in alignment with the CCM team and key stakeholders;
- Keep abreast with Cloud FinOps emerging best practices.
Education and experience
Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Finance, Business Management, Data Analytics / Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a financial role within an international and demanding IT-organization;
- Tech savvy and with background on Cloud principles;
- Knowledge of multiple toolsets, visualizing costs of cloud platforms;
- Familiar with show back and chargeback principles;
- Experience with change management within larger organizations;
- Strongly skilled or willing to learn to relate IT deliverables into financials;
- Knows how to translate Finance;
- Able to create cost awareness with non-finance team members or business owners;
- Knowledge of financial structure and allocation models within multinationals;
- FinOps practitioner certificate or willingness to take it in the short term.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong documentation skills;
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Solid communication and presentation skills;
- Good expectation management skills;
- Forward thinker who focuses on alternative solutions and persistent to thrive for quality;
- Strong team player;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly;
- Interested in Cloud developments;
- Able to execute a task with quality and good results with limited supervision.
- Company: ASML
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Senior
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner