In this highly visible and influential, individual contributor role, you’ll help manage the use, performance and delivery of cloud services and navigate relationships between cloud providers and cloud consumers.
You’ll do this by providing governance and oversight to monthly operational capacity and performance management reports and activities to ensure the technology teams keep pace and stay ahead of the demand. Developing and implementing policies and procedures, in collaboration with various stakeholders, to manage risk in our cloud/infrastructure services.
- Establish a regular communication cadence across the organization to discuss strategic objectives and goals, best practices, business values, and KPIs
- Define, Implement and communicate well-defined templates and guidelines for preparation of budgets for any new projects/applications
- Work with business units to evaluate optimization opportunities whether that is process improvement or technology improvements
- Define, implement and maintain process workflows and workflow improvements based on defined requirements
- Work with our DevOps/SRE team to define and communicate requirements for automation of key Cloud Asset and financial metrics
- Define, implement, and maintain processes to support cost control policies
- Develop Dashboards for consumption at various levels within the organization.
- Drive and facilitate TCO analysis on new and existing applications and technologies to ensure the applications are run at optimal cost
- Manage annual budget of cloud consumption, viewing and tracking spend against budget and investigating overspending and anomalies.
- Facilitate monthly financial reporting for the technology division
- Consolidate migration forecasts and ongoing consumption forecasts, monitoring variances between budget and forecast, reviewing variances outside of the acceptable range, and pushing for appropriate mitigating actions.
- Create and oversee the process to generate accurate and timely migration forecasts and ongoing consumption forecasts
- Provide cloud spend forecasting for both migrations and ongoing adoption with confidence and minimize variance between actual and forecast
- Leverage cloud agile processes for budgeting and planning on a weekly/monthly basis to assess and rebalance
- Create complex queries using SQL for dataset evaluation and dashboarding
- Enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, and publishing cost consumption data on Cloud
- Implement data model to provide better granularity and visibility into cloud financial forecasting
- You have more than 3 years in FinOps or a Data Analyst role
- You have some experience with structured Query Language (SQL) for querying complex datasets
- You have experience creating dashboards (Tableau, Looker, DataStudio etc)
- Automation tooling (Shell scripting, Cloud SDK, Python) would be considered an asset
- You have good communication skills (both oral and written)
- You must be a proactive thinker
- You have demonstrated capacity for problem solving, synthesis and making clear recommendations with supporting arguments
- You are adept at recognizing patterns in current processes, discovering common approaches, conflicts and gaps where practicable
- You have a proven track record relating to process development and implementation, including the ability to influence others to follow and/or adopt those processes
- Certifications from cloud providers and / or FinOps would be an asset.
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Interested? If you know one of our team members, BEFORE applying, reach out to them and ask them for a referral link to help your application stand out.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Job Number: REQ5679
Location: Anywhere in Alberta #LI-Remote
Apply by: Thursday, February 23, 2023
System Title: Technical Analyst 7
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Rebecca Snow