Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love solving problems with numbers? Do you want to play a meaningful role in influencing the company strategy and resource allocations? Are you looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent and take your career to the next level?
Our Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A) is looking for a Head of Cloud Infrastructure Finance who plans capacity and drives Cloud infrastructure strategies. You will evaluate critical capacity planning changes, develop plans that encompass storage and compute planning, and maintain the plan of record for Atlassian’s Cloud infrastructure program.
If you are looking to make a big impact, partner directly with business owners across all of our products and platform, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey. Working in a dynamic environment, we’re looking for teammates who are innovative, proactive, and willing to challenge the status quo!
We are seeking a dynamic finance leader to help shape and drive forward the vision of one of the fastest-growing companies in the market. With a passion to understand the bigger picture and think strategically, you also enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving into intricate analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business and drive outcomes. You thrive in a fast pace environment, look to solve challenging problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways to do things better.
You are a natural leader, with a “get it done” attitude. You draw people to you with your energy and curiosity. You work hard, but don’t take yourself too seriously. You can build credibility with your knowledge of both detail and big themes and communicate effectively with Executives and Board members, driving insight and action.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Engage with Product and Platform account and service owners to track, manage and forecast infrastructure spending across their business
- Lead planning discussions and project reviews with key stakeholders to align on new projects and ensure alignment on all aspects of infrastructure planning
- Leads fit/gap analysis and working sessions to understand current multi-cloud offering, usage and spend metrics.
- Drive creation of Board-level materials on critical infrastructure spending topics (e.g., long-range forecasting)
- Own the communications strategy for all capacity planning changes which includes executive-level and detailed project briefs and status updates
- Drive multi-year forecasting of infrastructure spend to inform contract renegotiations with cloud vendors
- Host and manage regular sync-up meetings covering infrastructure changes. Manage any requested changes to the plan and work with engineering groups in evaluating the capacity, cost, and timing impacts
- Work with the engineering teams to set up goals, metrics and track reserved instances and other private pricing program impacts as well as to develop next-generation network planning tools
- Leverage visualization and mapping tools such as Tableau, Excel and other data analytics tools to conduct analysis, produce charts/graphs and support partner/internal engagements
- Work closely with the engineering teams to identify, flag and rectify any data inconsistencies related to our billing
- Develop cost unit economics across our cloud spend and develop processes to enable accurate hosting gross margin analysis.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Possess a strong work ethic and are high energy
- Are innovative, decisive, and willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to evaluate and tackle complex problems and understand the implications of different business approaches.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance leaders
- Are a strategic thinker, hands-on and resourceful
- Have a proven ability to drive change while still being collaborative and inclusive in nature
- Are adaptable and manage competing responsibilities and deadlines in a timely manner
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in finance
- Experience with any of Cloud cost monitoring and optimization tools; Fair knowledge of SaaS/Cloud business models
- Possess a current FinOps certification, Azure/AWS Fundamentals certification.
- Experience with at least one of the Public Clouds Azure or AWS; Basic knowledge of Cloud provider tools and billing mechanics AWS/Azure
- Proficiency with financial modeling and spreadsheets (Excel, Power BI, QuickSight, Tableau, etc)
- Ideally, 3+ years in public cloud or infrastructure finance
- Technology or Software / SaaS industry experience
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics), MBA and/or CPA is a plus
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits to learn more.