About the job
Avanciers is a premier IT Staffing/Consulting organization and we are currently recruiting for a long term contract role for one of our premier client in Canada for FinOps Specialist
This is Remote role and client is actively hiring for this position.
Role: FinOps Specialist
- Month-end chargeback – Applying RI and savings plan credits then distributing cloud costs to each individual product cost center.
- Monthly budget management and automated alerting via CloudHealth, Slack and email
- Invoice reconciliation for AWS and GCP
- Annual budget cycle – Define the annual budget then work with BU stakeholders to ensure it is accurate
- Cloud cost triage – Connect with each product prime when they exceed monthly cloud spend – Target state is 12% variance
- Daily anomaly detection
- Committed Use Discount Strategy and management
- Reserved Instance purchases and renewals
- Savings plan management
- Reserved instance exchanges
- Reserved Instance analysis and recommendations
- FinOps intro sessions and training
- The candidate needs to be competent in financial management with a good understanding of cloud technologies. They need to understand cloud cost management, be fluent in the FinOps framework and be comfortable in partnering with people at all levels from developers to directors.