Cloud Services Financial Analyst II
Company: Avis Budget Group
Published: 23rd March 2023
Closing Date: 12th May 2023
As a Cloud Spending Analyst, you will be responsible for tracking and analyzing Cloud spending across our organization. As part of the Corporate FP&A team, you will be working closely with the IT teams to monitor Cloud usage, identify areas of cost savings, and optimize our Cloud spend.
Responsibilities include data analysis, financial reporting, modeling, and planning/forecasting expenses in support of strategic management of Cloud expenses. This role summarizes financial and operational data and will help business leaders understand their results and the drivers of results.
The Financial Analyst monitors and analyzes business trends to develop forecasts to provide financial summary data to operational and leadership teams, aiding in critical decision-making processes related to Cloud services.
What you’ll do:
- Track Cloud usage and spending across our organization, including all Cloud services and providers.
- Analyze Cloud spending patterns and identify areas of cost savings and optimization opportunities.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to provide visibility into Cloud usage and spending.
- Collaborate with the finance and IT teams to understand business requirements and cost drivers, and provide recommendations for optimizing Cloud spend.
- Monitor and report on Cloud usage against budget and forecast, and provide regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Prepare operational reporting and help prepare review with Senior Management.
- Cross functional collaboration with IT and Procurement to stay up to date with Cloud service provider pricing and offerings, and identify opportunities to leverage new services or negotiate better pricing.
- Work with the IT team to ensure proper tagging and allocation of Cloud resources for accurate cost tracking and reporting.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related business discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud spending analysis and Cloud cost optimization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify patterns and trends in data.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders across the organization.
- Familiarity with Cloud service providers and their pricing models, such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Skills you should bring to the table:
- Accountability, initiative and adaptability are a must.
- Comfortable with change, ability to work with scenarios
- Ability to query, analyze and summarize data efficiently and accurately.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior business partnering experience and/or experience presenting financial results a plus.
- Requires analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with exceptional Microsoft Excel and querying skills.
- Tableau experience is a plus.
- Certification in Cloud FinOps is a plus.
Perks you’ll get:
- Clear and defined career paths to pursue
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Company: Avis Budget Group
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner