Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
$77,300.00 – $127,500.00
It’s an exciting time to join Infrastructure and Cloud Services (ICS). ICS is committed to the success of our customers through a relentless focus on operational excellence, ensuring reliable and highly available systems and services, fueling, and enabling accelerated cloud adoption, and delivering advanced engineering solutions.
We are seeking a dynamic AWS Cloud Engineer who is passionate about engineering solutions that maximize the cost efficiency of our cloud infrastructure. As a Cloud engineer at Travelers for FinOps Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a major transformation within the company by leveraging your expertise in cloud technology infrastructure, cloud, network, compute, storage, and virtualization to engineer and automate cost optimization solutions.
What Will You Do?
As an AWS Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Write automation scripts for curfew enablement, build automation capabilities to shut-down unused resources and delete zombie resources.
- Build automated cloud consumption and waste management workflows to send tasks to application owners to right-size, shut-down, decommission cloud resources based on recommendations received from inhouse or third-party CFM tools like Turbonomics, Flexera.
- Contribute to granular cost allocation via Tagging, develop charge-back model and reporting, budgeting & forecasting cloud/SaaS spend, identify cloud resource inefficiencies.
- Analyze spend trends, anomalies, savings and cost avoidance opportunities, and work with engineering teams by providing specific improvement recommendations and tracking associated actions and influencing their cloud utilization/consumption per guiding principles of FinOps Framework and mission of FinOps Engineering.
- Implement and track key performance metrics of FinOps.
- Review issues logs and metrics to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution, and problem analysis.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in development and scripting of cloud based automated solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of AWS experience.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings and consumption models.
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing (Infrastructure as a Service, Storage, Platforms as a Services).
- Experience in one or more automation/development languages (PowerShell, Command Line Interface & C Sharp, Python) and infrastructure delivery (CI/CD)
- Proficient analytical skills and experience with cost optimization in Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Good understanding of cloud architecture, main building blocks, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Foundational IT infrastructure, Network, Compute, Operating systems, DB and Storage, Software, SDLC methodology
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional and/or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- Experienced in containerized environments, microservices, Terraform and serverless.
What is a Must Have?
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members – including spouses, domestic partners, and children – are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you’re eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.