The OPTICS team is looking for a FinOps Commercial Architect to be hands-on and passionate about working directly with the world’s largest and most complex multinational organizations as they transform their solutions & process to be optimized for the cloud. This person will be the subject matter expert on implementing a FinOps strategy, developing a cost aware culture, leading and supporting customer conversations around cost savings, cost visibility, and education on optimization of AWS. This will include generating bespoke recommendations on how customers can accelerate their FinOps strategy, re-engineering their internal financial processes, and working with partners to ensure ongoing success at scale. It is crucial for this person to be able to drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, be able to communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences, visualize and tell a story with data, and is comfortable while interfacing with the C-suite decision makers.
Working with the world’s largest organizations, FinOps Commercial Architects are not just expected to help their customers to grow their FinOps strategy but scale their solutions to scale it across all AWS customers. This could cover building repeatable mechanisms for example, education series on how to motivate developers, or sharing best practices by writing blogs and presenting at conferences.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
– Understanding our customer’s businesses to create a FinOps strategy which will help develop their cost aware culture
– Building relationships and mechanisms to drive and motivate change related to cloud optimization and efficiency best practices.
– Engage with technology leaders up to the CXO level, in order to drive strategic financial outcomes.
– Developing FinOps strategies to bring business, finance and technology together to drive optimization and efficiency across customer’s cloud footprints.
– Finding solutions to accelerate a customer’s cost optimization strategies
– Formulating and implementing a strategy on how the team can share their learnings with AWS
– Evangelize cost management with customers, partners, and at various networking opportunities.
– Act as the subject matter expert around building cost aware cultures, cloud financial strategies, cost management mechanisms, and cost-efficient cloud architecture best practices.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Strong experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
– Experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud related services
– Experience working with, presenting to, and negotiating with C-level executives, IT, lines of business, procurement, finance, and legal and internal stakeholders
– Experience working with customers on substantial, strategic, and complex software or cloud services/infrastructure deals
– Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or related field of study or related work experience
– Understanding and experience in Cloud and developing/executing a FinOps/CFM strategy or culture
– Existing AWS Certifications (i.e. Cloud Practitioner/Solution Architect)
– Experience optimizing cloud environments financially and architecturally
– Experience working within a high-growth technology company
– Experience presenting at conferences, public events and summits
– Experience using AWS database and analytics services
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com