Do you have a passion for how organizations across different industries transform to become more agile and efficient in the cloud? Are you an expert in how companies can transform their financial management processes to take economic advantage of what the cloud has to offer? Would you like to be part of a team focused on working with customers to ensure they’re leveraging the full economic potential of AWS through Cloud Financial Management / FinOps? Do you thrive in a cross-functional environment, working closely with some of the best and brightest in the world?
Within AWS, the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Customer Enablement Organization is responsible for supporting Public Sector customers and partners in their journey to the cloud. Our vision is to promote long-term healthy AWS relationships by ensuring AWS WWPS customers and partners have the operational knowledge, best practices, processes, and mechanisms in place to effectively manage operational aspects of their AWS business.
As a Senior Financial Architect for the AWS WWPS Customer Enablement Organization, you will leverage your subject matter expertise to help transform the way customers purchase, manage, and optimize IT services as they adopt AWS technologies. You will be the subject matter expert on cloud financial management, leading and supporting customer conversations around cost savings, cost visibility, and value realization. You will build mechanisms to help customers understand and address challenges in their cost management practices, and will help enable the AWS field and Public Sector customers to be more effective at promoting FinOps best practices. This role will include generating customer specific FinOps recommendations and developing roadmaps to achieve long term goals through CFM best practices. It is crucial for this person to be able to drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have experience leading large cross-functional initiatives and programs, be able to communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences, visualize and tell a story with data, and be comfortable interfacing with C-suite decision makers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
• Serve as the subject matter expert around cloud financial management best practices strategies, procurement operations, cost management mechanisms, and cost-effective cloud architecture
• Engage with technology leaders up to the CXO level, in order to drive strategic financial outcomes
• Work backwards from your customers’ goals to design, implement, and execute on a cloud financial management roadmap to support their business objectives
• Communicate forecasting, budgeting, and savings to both technical and non-technical leaders
• Act as the “voice of the customer” to advocate for the adoption and implementation of operational best practices that will have positive downstream impacts on your customers’ experience with AWS
• Partner with cross-functional teams including Sales, Lead Development, Marketing, and Business Operations to deliver on multiple cloud financial management strategies along the customer lifecycle journey
• Develop scalable programs and success metrics to drive initiatives around cost management best practices for the Worldwide Public Sector organization
• Evangelize cost management with customers, partners, and at various networking opportunities
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
– 4+ years of experience implementing cloud cost management or cloud architecture programs
– Reporting and dashboarding skills including Excel, AWS Quicksight, Domo, Tableau or similar
– Experience in management consulting, IT transformation consulting, and/or business process improvement and design experience
– Experience engaging senior executives and strong executive presentation skills
– MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
– Understanding of AWS product line or other Cloud offerings
– Strong business acumen, analytical, and with a degree of technical depth
– Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as leadership abilities
– An understanding of drivers that impact large-scale cloud migrations
– Experience driving high-impact projects spanning multiple teams and numerous stakeholders
– Experience working across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development, and training
– Exhibit sound business judgement, an ability to influence others, analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership and influencing results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $118,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $220,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com