This role is part of the Cloud FinOps Team working to ensure that AXA XL’s cloud spend is well understood, governed, and managed.
Working alongside the Move to the Cloud program which is the transformation of our internal IT services to leverage common IT services and new standards, new technologies, increased level of automation and new ways of working. Ultimately, this program aims to create a standardized, scalable and cost-efficient technical foundation which provides AXA XL with a platform to deliver our guiding principle of being a tech-led division.
DISCOVER your opportunity!
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Help to calculate cloud costs and set budgets for applications as part of the project processes, once live then monitor actual spend against the budget. Manage project recharge process where applicable, or raise alerts if applications spend higher than agreed budget.
- Support the development of FinOps reporting capabilities to ensure it meets the need of our stakeholders and provide timely, transparent and accurate cloud consumption costing information. Help to maintain existing Power BI FinOps dashboards including tagging standard compliance
- Work with application and product teams to help identify, implement and track financial optimizations such as reservations, hybrid licensing and rightsizing initiatives.
- Join with AXA Group’s FinOps community to gain from and share learnings. Help produce quarterly reporting required by Group.
- Create content for FinOps Governance Forum ensuring stakeholders are well informed and actions are tracked
- Maintain a good understanding of the cloud provider pricing models so that can work with Application Teams to give recommendations on potential cost savings
- Reconciliation of monthly invoicing to our CSP usage and ensure that service credits are given where applicable and that we are tracking against committed spend.
- Implement the budget and alert framework for any threshold spikes or anomalies to take preventative action if necessary
- Assist building of the FinOps community within our Application Teams to increase maturity and ensure they have the Fin/Ops knowledge they need to be responsible for their own costs.
- You will report to AXA XL’s Cloud FinOps Specialist.
SHARE your talent!
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Preferably experienced as a FinOps Analyst with finance background and experience. E.g., FinOps Certified Practitioner, Cost Management & Finance Qualifications. Or a willingness to train in this area from either a technical / analytical / financial background.
- Proven ability in conducting and presenting sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Strong financial and analytical skills with ideally good experience in Cloud Service Consumption Modelling tools in a large-scale IT infrastructure and application environment
- Good understanding of cloud computing technologies, AZ900 Azure Fundamentals would be beneficial.
- Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Power BI and Excel required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management.
- Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
- Highly organized, demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task and efficiently deliver results in ambiguous situation.