Have you been yearning for a FinOps position where millions of dollars are at stake and you have the opportunity to directly influence and educate all levels of the organization about cloud spend, cost efficiencies and savings opportunities? Our Public Cloud Adoption Team (PCAT) is seeking an experienced, innovative Microsoft Azure Cloud FinOps Analyst to help drive a culture of cost optimization and efficiencies.
As an Azure FinOps Data Analyst in this role you will get to:
- Build and define financial observability and operation tooling for our cloud platforms.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization and efficiencies by analyzing Azure invoices and spend patterns coupled with using product discovery techniques interacting with existing cloud initiatives.
- Research and track cost plans, Azure Reservations, and Savings Plans.
- Be recognized as a visible evangelist promoting FinOps principles, best practices and culture to increase ability to understand cloud spend and optimization opportunities (exposure opportunities galore)!
- Be acutely aware of cloud spend footprint and detect any unusual consumption.
- Utilize the Azure cost datasets to innovate data analysis that helps the organization better understand and react to cloud spend.
Highly desired skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Azure along with native tools including Cost Analysis and the backend cost datasets.
- Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, and Azure services
- Exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- Unafraid to fail innovating
- FinOps Practitioner Certified
- AWS Practitioner and/or Solutions Architect Certified
- Familiarity with APIs, UIs, and automation scripting
- Self-motivated, independent, and strategic thinker