Summary of the role:
Navitaire, an Amadeus company, is constantly trying to evolve the way the world thinks about travel. We are challenging industry norms by providing flexible systems on which our clients can deliver unequaled booking experiences. With more than 50 customers worldwide, including many of the world’s most successful hybrid and low-cost airlines. Navitaire offers a unique opportunity to make a large impact in the world of travel. As a member of the Technology Group at Navitaire you will work closely with the Architects and Product Owners to provision, design and implement our Azure services and offerings to our customers. You will be utilizing common services, frameworks, and 3rd party vendors to help build a suite of services that both our product teams and clients can use.
In this role you’ll:
- Implement Azure cloud-based solutions
- Install application software in cloud compute environments
- Advise on cost optimizations for current infrastructure
- Ability to facilitate the process of gathering requirements and providing alternative cloud infrastructure architecture options
- Utilize automation tools such as Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Terraform, Ansible, or similar
- Aid Product Owner (PO) around assessing vNext (next generation offerings) opportunities.
- Work with our internal Enterprise Architecture Team in adopting best practices in cloud pattern designs.
- Engage in POC (proof of concepts) efforts around better utilization of Azure capabilities, which involves evaluating tools outside of our current use.
- Develop Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates for automated provisioning of edge platform resources and providing configuration management upkeep.
- Create and utilize CICD pipelines for IaC deployments
- Work with software development teams to ensure edge platform is performant.
- Test platform changes in lower environments and work with teams for certification of platform changes.
- Help maintaining SLI/SLOs that can support contractual SLAs.
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions of installation, configuration, monitoring, and administration of Azure platform to Tier 1 & 2 support teams, and product engineering.
- Support the FinOPS on optimizing solutions.
- BS is Computer Science or equivalent (proven cloud experience can bypass college degree requirements)
- Cloud/Azure certifications
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience and deep working knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Minimum of 4+ years working with modern technologies and frameworks
- Minimum of 2+ years working with CI/CD tools and concepts (e.g. Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of container-based infrastructure on Azure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, etc)
- Airline or Travel Industry knowledge is a plus
- Public Cloud Experience (Azure)
- Setting up, deploying and design
- Microsoft Azure products & services
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
- Programming Languages such as C#/.NET, Java, etc.
- Cloud Technologies
- Command Line usage
- Design patterns
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently to achieve team goals
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in communications and documentation
Nice to haves
Would be nice to have either worked in or have understanding in several of these areas.
- Modern web frameworks and architecture (REST)
- Understanding in networking and security topologies and capabilities
- Event driven architectures
- Agile methodologies