Barings is seeking a FinOps individual to join a fast-paced and growing team of cloud engineers, architects, and analysts. The ideal candidate is versed in Azure cost optimization practices and can adapt quickly and seamlessly to a complex global organization, working across multiple internal teams to optimize cloud cost and usage.
This individual will shape and execute the strategy and vision for Cloud Financial Operations, ensuring proper cost management and optimization. The individual will collaborate with key stakeholders to understand consumption patterns and trends and make cost savings and right sizing recommendations.
- Owns and manages end to end cost management of the cloud infrastructure services
- Develops and manages to a Cost Management roadmap that drives additional cost transparency, providing stakeholders with metrics and information to enable cost effective decision making.
- Owns cost and usage analysis, trending, and forecasting, buying strategies, and best practices for cloud adoption.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to monitor cloud consumption trends and develops, recommends, and gains consensus with stakeholders to optimize cloud costs.
- Stays up to date on cost savings programs and strategies as well as industry trends. Gathers insights and develops new opinions and recommendations around cloud optimization and present solutions to leadership.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process to ensure proper budgeting of cloud infrastructure spend and partners with Finance in developing cost allocation methodologies.
- Administers cloud cost management tools and creates and implements effective metrics and monitoring processes for cost data accuracy and visibility.
- Leads projects, develops detailed work plans, and coordinates resources across the organization; works with teams in an iterative and Agile framework when necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with multidimensional data and deriving insights from large datasets
- Ability to work seamlessly across a global organization
- Experience with at least one BI tool: Power BI, Tableau, Looker, SQL Azure Reporting, etc.
- Advanced/Expert Excel skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and with written communication
- Comfortable presenting nuanced findings in data analytics to stakeholders and executive leadership
- Proactive approach to new technologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Specific knowledge of Azure products and cost savings programs.
- Familiarity with Cloud tagging strategies
- 3-5 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Data Analyst, etc.