Cloud Financial Operations (FinOps) Engineer
Published: 26th August 2022
Closing Date: 30th November 2022
Cloud Financial Operations Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, FinOps Engineer, are to:
- Be responsible for architecting a robust automation program for managing public cloud costs that include but are not limited to owning the FinOps tagging framework, managing the financial governance model, cost optimization lifecycle, and ongoing cloud cost transparency efforts;
- Provide consulting to stakeholders for cloud budgeting and financial change management guidance;
- Oversee technical planning, design, and implementation of automation supporting FinOps project needs;
- Actively participate in the selection and implementation of state-of-the-art FinOps SaaS solutions including E2E responsibility for ensuring the solution’s operability within the Cloud Operations organization;
- Oversee the application or implementation of new FinOps automated work processes;
- Consult with individual groups, including the controlling group, on cost management and pursuing cost-cutting opportunities and projects;
- Support communication between the stakeholders and the project teams during deployments;
- Collaborate with the architecture community to align solutions with target architectures and roadmaps (across domains) and the Enterprise Architectures (EA) framework (e. g. EA Principles);
- Present new FinOps architectural solutions or reference architectures to the EAAB;
- Be responsible for the lifecycle management of the FinOps SaaS and E2E solution;
- Set FinOps strategic direction for the use of key technologies through scouting, experimenting, assessing, and managing emerging FinOps technologies and drive required architectural changes in alignment with relevant IT organizations (ref. key working relations);
- Lead metrics and dashboard reviews in Cloud Governance meetings;
- Actively communicate and participate in cross-product Cloud Platform initiatives.
- Position can be located in Germany
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years experience or at least 15 years of applicable business experience or equivalent;
- At least eight years of experience in the IT industry;
- Minimum two years of experience managing public cloud spend in AWS, Azure, and or GCP;
- Performance-driven nature;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capability;
- Demonstrate a strong business-minded consultative approach with a focus on profitability and margin;
- Wide experience in developing customer-centric solutions;
- Strong experience in standard IT architectures and frameworks;
- Knowledge and experience in change management for global environments;
- Proven leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills as well as experience in managing matrix organizations.
|Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
Location:United States : Missouri : Creve Coeur || United States : Missouri : Chesterfield || United States : New Jersey : Morristown || United States : New Jersey : Whippany
- Company: Bayer
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None