About the Role
You will play a key role in evolving and running our central FinOps capability as we accelerate our move towards cloud adoption. This role can be based in Brisbane, Perth or Singapore.
The fun parts involve;
- Providing Cloud Financial management (and associated tooling) training and mentoring to other members of Technology to embed and improve a FinOps culture.
- Facilitation of showback/chargeback processes to drive cost visibility and responsibility without hampering innovation and business velocity.
- Socialise and promote FinOps adoption to set expectations and manage accountabilities to drive cost efficiencies.
- Develop dashboards to analyse, monitor, report on BHP’s consumption of Cloud and related services to proactively identify opportunities for optimisation.
- Collaboratively conduct bottom-up budget planning and forecasting with application teams and identify workload level cost efficiency targets.
- Implementing and identifying opportunities to improve the processes, procedures and governance to manage, make transparent, and optimise the costs accrued by Cloud services to protect the financial investment of Cloud for BHP
- Creating and developing required documentation to support building a robust FinOps practice (I.e. policies, processes, presentations)
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Strong financial acumen, ideally within a cloud or technology context to support creating cost transparency, KPIs, planning, forecasting and budgeting requirements.
- A multi-tasking team player who thrives both independently and in a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working collaboratively with key stakeholders to negotiate the triple constraints (Cost, Time, Performance)
- Intermediate to advanced Office365 skills including MS Excel and Power BI to interpret and analyse large and complex data sources.
- Experience working with projects and transition to support plans.
- An understanding of Cloud service provider billing constructs is desirable
- ServiceNow experience is desirable
- Foundation level knowledge of Cloud platforms is desirable.
- STEM Degree qualified