About the job
The FinOps Manager is responsible for working with a range of internal stakeholders to design, develop and manage BitSight’s cloud financial management (FinOps) function. We are looking for a driven individual with demonstrated experience building and maturing Cloud FinOps capabilities in a growth SaaS company setting. The ideal candidate will need strong analytics, cross-team collaboration and multi-tasking skills that can execute and deliver quickly.
They will become a trusted liaison between engineering and finance; helping finance quantify the cost impacts of engineering operational decisions and helping engineering implement cost management best practices.
- Develop, maintain, and evolve cost and forecasting models to provide required insights to current and future cloud spend.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to accurately attribute costs to teams, help them develop forecasts and determine cost drivers of their expenses.
- Partner with Finance to maintain connection between company financial plans and AWS Cost Reporting.
Operations & Optimization
- Partner with our Cloud Engineering team to ensure appropriate tagging and alerts strategies are deployed to manage costs and determine deviations from plan.
- Partner with our Cloud Engineering team to drive unit cost optimization efforts by recommending reserved instances & savings plans, uncovering rightsizing optimizations and reducing waste.
- Build, supervise and improve real-time cloud cost dashboards and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain Cloud Cost KPIs, scorecards, and standard metrics.
- Create and deliver targeted stakeholder presentations, dashboards, and data visualizations that surface key observations, learnings, and recommendations.
- Partner with Engineering and R&D Operations to develop and evolve a high-level FinOps Strategy rollout across the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customer stakeholders to onboard them with FinOps tools and processes.
- Recommend tools that we would need to best support our FinOps function across the company.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- 8+ years of experience Cloud Advisory & IT Financial Services or Operational Experience with Cloud Cost Governance within an IT Organization, preferably with a SaaS company
- Experience and working knowledge of native cloud cost management tooling and/or third-party cloud management or optimization platforms (e.g. AWS Cost explorer, Cloudhealth, Apptio/Cloudability, etc.)
- Significant experience with cloud cost optimization
- Experience creating analytical and financial models for data-driven decisions
- Experience in building out a FinOps subject area
- Practical knowledge of native cloud provider cost management capabilities and pricing models
- Experience with anomaly detection,capacity planning and rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation
- Analytical skills to collect, coordinate and present sophisticated data to a variety of audiences
- Experience in developing KPI’s and scorecards based on internal and industry benchmarks
- Ability to drive change management ideas and experience to increase program success
- Results-driven and goal-oriented
- Analytical Thinker with solid communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Passion for presenting, training, and teaching, with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- FinOps Certified Cloud Practitioner certification is a plus
- AWS cloud practitioner certification is a plus