We continue to build out our Cloud Economics team at Block and are looking for a cloud-fluent TPM to join the team. Cloud Economics’ mission is to promote cloud cost efficiency across Block by building initiatives and programs to unlock efficiencies on a foundation of cloud cost visibility and allocation. You’ll work across functional teams to further this mission by evaluating, analyzing, and implementing cloud infrastructure recommendations across the business. We are looking for someone that has excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and program management skills. Successful candidates will have technical acumen, Cloud Stack expertise, and strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
Block is still in its early stages of migrating to the cloud, come join us and make a positive impact to shape how we manage the cloud for years to come.
- Be a pivotal member of Cloud Economics by partnering with stakeholders across multiple organizations and roadmaps to guarantee our cloud infrastructure costs are visible, allocated, and optimized
- Partner with new and existing application owners to review design docs, analyze migrated workloads, and fine-tune existing applications for more efficient performance
- Identify and manage programs related to cloud cost visibility, allocation, and visibility by collaborating with multiple teams and creating organizational policies and standards
- Create reports and visualizations using a variety of softwares and tools to highlight cloud spend to a variety of audiences
- Partner with external cloud infrastructure and SaaS providers as a regular point of contact to deliver resources such as products and tooling for our engineering community
- 5 or more years of experience working in Program Management, Engineering, Infrastructure, etc., preferably with public cloud provider experience
- Working understanding of cloud billing models
- Excellent leadership with demonstrated ability to deliver results working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in interpreting and communicating technical requirements to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical and visualization skills (e.g. Tableau/Looker/SQL)
Nice to have:
- AWS or GCP Certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, GCP Associate Cloud Engineer)
- Experience with Cloud Cost Optimization tooling
- Programming experience (Python, SQL, AWS, Terraform, API)
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources