The Technology Business Management team is focused on optimizing spend for IT services by driving FinOps practices and aligning IT costs to services for total cost of ownership. The team provides IT financial data and analysis that empowers leaders to make informed business decisions as Blue Shield of California leverages cloud capabilities to advance our mission. The Technology Business Management, Senior will report to the Senior Manager Technical Engineering. In this role you will help implement, operationalize, and grow a Technology Business Management service designed to position IT Leadership with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of IT Services. Specifically, the Technology Business Management, Senior will assure optimal utilization of cloud services that both achieves technical and financial goals. In this capacity, this role will act as a FinOps practitioner to drive best practices, governance, cloud spend reporting, and cross functional coordination to deliver value to our business customers effectively and efficiently.
In this role, you will:
- Operate across a matrixed environment, able to manage ambiguity and to reach understanding and gain commitment to act. Plan and perform process improvement initiatives.
- Focus on successful execution/delivery of outcomes, and maintain track record for driving change, delivering business value, and meeting commitments.
- Effectively present financial information, business case, change recommendations and respond to questions from stakeholders.
- Plan, perform and implement process improvement initiatives related to IT operational and financial management:
- Identify business process improvement opportunities, propose solutions, engage management and stakeholders to align on decisions, and revise desk level procedures to reflect changes.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership, Finance, Engineering, and Portfolio Owners on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency reporting to enable data driven decisions
- Analyze spend trends, anomalies, savings opportunities, and consult product teams providing specific improvement recommendations influencing their strategy and execution of cloud utilization and consumption
- Identify and drive cost optimization opportunities and champion cloud resource efficiencies to continuously optimize cloud spend
- Create/Maintain the TBM cost and data model in Apptio, and configure, test, & document Apptio and Cloudability dashboards and reports to meet functional specifications.
- Load, transform, and rationalize data from systems of record such as General Ledger, Resource Management, Asset Manager, CMDB into Apptio interface.
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience; may have practical knowledge of project management
- In depth understanding of technology solution for function, including specific experience with chosen solution at BSC –TBM/Apptio, Service Marketplace/ServiceNow, Policy and Controls/ServiceNow GRC, or Demand/Capacity/Planview
- Requires in-depth understanding and proven expertise/experience in process design methodology, tools, technique and/or in-depth operational expertise in process at BSC
- Knowledge of IT services and financial management processes such as budgeting, forecasting, cost allocations, capital & operating expense handling
- Technical, collaborative, fiscally minded problem solver
- An understanding of FinOps fundamentals and the ability to execute basic FinOps Capabilities
- Apptio Certified Practitioner or Apptio/Cloudability configuration and platform management experience (or other IT Financial/Public Cloud Cost Management Tool) preferred
- Advanced data and analytical skills preferred
Pay Range: The pay range for this role is: $ 69102.00 to $ 131197.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate’s experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.