About the job
Accountable for Cloud FinOps capability oversight, governance, implementation and monitoring within the Cloud Business Office and the Cloud Enablement Engine to drive enterprise consistency and quality to support Ambition 2025’s Digital Cloud First Strategy.
Ensures coordination among Cloud Engineering, Cloud Operations, Business Management teams, Cloud Application Owners, Lead Financial Officers and Cloud Service Providers on Cloud FinOps matters such as Cost Structure, Funding and/or Cross Charge Models, Cloud Maturity (Understanding fully loaded costs, optimization, & decision making) and establishing a sustainable Cloud FinOps program & change management pipeline to support and advance our Enterprise & Technology partners’ Cloud Financial Management.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the review, design, development, implementation, and ongoing Cloud Financial Business Operations/Processes of quality practices, financial/business modeling, and data management in alignment with established standards. Consultative responsibilities include current state, target state & gap analysis, process improvement, data gathering and facilitation skills to form and recommend solutions to stakeholders to guide the design and implementation teams on interpretation of Cloud Business Office’s policies and maintains strategic alignment.
- Program manages Cloud FinOps capability practice (Benchmark, instantiate ongoing maturity and change manage new capabilities)
- Leads the development and execution of Cloud Business Office’s FinOps capability roadmap overlaid against strategic priorities.
- Leads working groups to identify opportunities and formulate recommendations for improving enterprise data governance capabilities and processes, and work with applicable parties to plan, design and implement approved recommendations.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations, which will include financial/business modeling.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical, technical support & influences and negotiates.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to identify business requirements and opportunities for improved data management, data architecture, and delivery.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Contributes to development of Cloud Financial Management strategies, governance policies, procedures, and processes.
- Develops Cloud Business Office solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the Ambition 2025 Digital Cloud First strategy, stakeholder needs and implications for the business.
- Supports management process improvement, implementation and Cloud Business Office activities.
- Advises and guides assigned business/group on implementation of Cloud Business Office solutions.
- Ensures rigor is proper and adequate as per the delivery of Cloud FinOps capabilities functioning within the internal Cloud Business Office control processes
- Implements, maintains, and reviews processes to ensure quality and integrity of data and ensure compliance with Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and reports on data management requirements and compliance issues, impacts and resolution status to leadership and governance team.
- Defines, implements, and documents data quality measures and provides guidance on how policy requirements may translate to business processes.
- Assists in the identification of change impacts through requirements gathering, mapping and documenting current and proposed processes.
- Participates in the timely resolution of operating/technical problems or manages escalation with other BMO technical support groups.
- Provides support to projects and/or manages operational changes including supporting Technology with the validation and testing of enterprise managed systems.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.