About The Team
Cloud FinOps Team is a team that sits within Engineering, reports to VP of Architecture, and has close and collaborative relationships with other internal / external stakeholders to ensure operational and strategic alignment between business and engineering goals.
About The Role
As the Senior Program Manager, Cloud FinOps, this contractor will have a strong track record in cloud strategy, cost optimization, and financial & vendor management. They will work collaboratively across product engineering, infrastructure, and architecture teams to meet Etsy’s business and technical objectives. They will also act as a liaison between Technology Vendors (including one of the biggest Cloud providers in the industry) and Etsy’s Engineering teams. While support is always provided for any on the Cloud FinOps team, this is a senior role and the selected candidate is expected to manage their responsibilities and work independently at times.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Building frameworks and streamlining communications between Etsy’s Engineering teams and Cloud Providers.
- Understanding complex engineering asks, prioritizing them, and converting them into trackable asks that can be shared with Cloud providers.
- Helping maintain and grow a healthy partnership with Cloud Provider.
- Build financial models to help forecast Cloud spend, build reporting tools and building alerting tools.
- Propose optimization ideas to different engineering teams and help them implement such ideas.
The nature of FinOps work is very dynamic and things change very quickly and unexpectedly. Candidates must be very comfortable with such changes, and more importantly be able to help Engineering teams navigate through them.