Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-usSummary:
The Cloud Computing group is part of the Global Information Technology Core Services organization providing innovative technical solutions across the enterprise. This position reports to the Director, Cloud FinOps and Compliance and will be responsible for developing and executing a FinOps strategy to reduce cloud spend.
As part of the cloud engineering team, you will help to support cloud infrastructure, explore cloud native and hybrid solutions, and provide those solutions to the various communities utilizing cloud based services. The successful candidate will partner closely with development teams, managed service providers, business partners, technical functions, and Cyber Security.
- Ensure frictionless access to our cloud services while maintaining security and data protection
- Enable DevOps teams, COTS vendors, and power users to utilize the services we provide
- Provide specialized and differentiated services to organizations as needed
- Provide support needed for development communities and other teams to realize full benefits of cloud services
- Help teams understand resource utilization and manage their infrastructure in the most cost-effective way
- Instill amongst our consumers a sense of ownership and responsibility for the services they create/consume
- Further the adoption of cost optimization techniques, tools, and controls through ownership of training, education, and awareness campaigns
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders on cloud optimizations and compliance
- Monitor resource utilization, identify sub-optimal usage, and roll out tools to better control cloud spend and reduce underutilized assets
- Work with teams to achieve financial goals, eliminate underutilized resources, and suggest infrastructure cost saving measures
- Provide FinOps optimization subject matter expertise (technical and business) to support development teams (well architected framework – costs)
- Develop metrics and KPIs to assure FinOps program success and cost efficiencies
- Provide day to day support for the governance, management, and coordination of activities related to the FinOps Optimization
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. cloud platform – AWS, GCP, Azure , containerization, compute, storage, and resource utilization metrics)
- Scripting skills, i.e., Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, etc.
- Exposure to / experience with cost management tools (native and 3rd party), tagging models, discount programs, and monitoring capabilities
- Cost optimization focused and results driven
- Works with a high level of independence and ability to make decisions
- Good organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Hands-on technical practitioner
- Automation experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferred: BS level technical degree – Computer Science or Engineering, or commensurate experience
- Preferred: certifications or training relative to position and future career goals
- Experience with operating system administration, container technologies, and COTS software installation
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.