- Excellent communication skills, often being able to compromise but draw out risks and constraints associated with solutions but also communicate with a wide audience of stakeholders up to ‘C’ level
• Have experience managing aswell as working as a part of a team using agile methodologies
• Use of Jira, Sharepoint, Teams aswell as the standard microsoft toolsets.
• Good knowledge of bigquery, python, sql, dataflow, cloud function, Data Studio, Looker
• Knowledge of business models, business lines, products and service delivery within BT
• Ability to effectively articulate matters with low degree of complexity through both verbal and written media
• Ability to manage time effectively and assist your team in completing assignments within budgeted time-frames
• Exhibit sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
• You should also hold or be prepared to undertake Cloud certification – ideally FinOps certification.
• Resolve technical issues raised by the team and/or customer and manages escalations as required.
• Delivering software solutions that provide business value and meet customer requirements, including necessary designs, documentation, automated testing, deployment and in-life support.
• Developing the lifecycle approach selection and limited tailoring, i.e. within a broader programme, or unit approach and practices. Delivering the appropriate level of production and in-life release support to ensure production issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
• Driving reuse of technology to ensure efficiency and improve velocity.
• Delivering organisational health outcomes across the team, including coaching and team development.
• Providing a technical direction and impacts of technical and commercial decisions on wider software lifecycle.
• Understanding, selecting and applying waterfall, Agile and DevOps software engineering methodologies as appropriate, and coaching team to adopt these
• Problem Solving: Ability to problem solve for issues that are broader than the delivered software, e.g. Integration, interconnection and e2e issues in complex integrated stacks. Resolving production issues to fix service P1-4 issues. Problems relating to introducing new technology, and resolving major issues in the platform and/or service.
• Software Development Concepts: Understands and experienced with the use of a wide range of programming concepts and is also aware of and has applied a range of algorithms.
• Business acumen: Knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance, including people drivers of performance and financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases)
• Commercial & Risk Awareness: Able to understand & evaluate both obvious and subtle commercial risks, especially in relation to a programme. Able to determine the appropriate commercial solutions and responses in highly political and complex situations and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
You should have a natural analytical way of thinking, diving deep into a problem, product and process and be able to explain difficult concepts to both tech and non-tech users.
Additionally you will have a proven ability to learn quickly, distil complex scenarios into easily understandable synopses and communicate clearly in both written and verbal form.
Analytics and problem solving is key to analyse the usage of the GCP processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop an in-depth understanding of GCP products, business models, financial systems architecture and financial operations
• Work with colleagues across Digital and the CFUs, as part of the annual planning cycle and monthly forecasting processes
• Support critical relationships and understand their impacts across BT’s Google Cloud portfolio to key business and technology stakeholders
• Create and develop regular communication mechanisms on the investigative findings, products and performance.
• Ensure transparency, alignment and clear communication of strategic programs and their resource impacts across the portfolio to key business and technology stakeholders
• Prioritise the backlog requests and drive end-to-end process improvements that enable growth and deliver cost improvements and value KPIs to help inform business decisions
• Build and maintain reports including dashboards suitable for key stakeholders of public cloud
• Link activity into financial processes and cycles for example providing variance analysis to budgets during month-end reporting.
• Establish guardrails / policies to detect and remove usage waste.
• Refine front door and in-life processes, ensuring the right data is captured to drive all aspects of cost transparency, optimisation and financial accountability.
• Support and drive a small team
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams.
- Experience working with cost management.
- Experienced at working with large data sets.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- A track record of delivering process simplification and improvement.
- Experience of Big Query, python, sql, dataflow, cloud function
- Experience managing GCP Cost Functionalities desired.
- Change: Experience in change management in order to deliver change successfully, ensure it is embedded and maintained – Mandatory
- TOGAF (or similar): – Mandatory
- DevOps: Understand how to implement DevOps and work in an agile way / Versioning / Automation / Defect Management – Mandatory
- Cloud: at least 2 year experience with one of the following cloud vendors: AWS, Azure or GCP
Posting Date: 20-Feb-2023
RMZ Ecoworld, Devarabeesanahal, Bengaluru, India