Senior Cloud FinOps Analyst
Published: 9th September 2022
Closing Date: 10th October 2022
An exciting, permanent opportunity has become available for a Senior Cloud FinOps Analyst
The Cloud FinOps Analyst partners with technical teams to optimise their public cloud consumption and drives Bupa’s cost management practices.
Reporting to the Cloud FinOps Manager, this role performs financial modelling, budgeting, forecasting, consumption analysis, chargeback and analytics, and capacity management practices. The role also operates and evolves Bupa’s practices for rate optimisation including licencing and reservation portfolio management.
How will I help?
- Accountable for cloud budget and forecasting processes including managing consumption, chargeback, and tracking savings in collaboration with technical and finance teams
- Manage cloud consumption spend anomalies by detecting, investigating, and escalating and resolving unplanned spikes in collaboration with technical teams
- Produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools, data lake, CMDB, and other asset inventories as applicable
- Design, develop, and maintain reports that provide insight into usage and optimisation
- Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions
- Perform design review, cost modelling, and optimisation exercises
- Drive the maturity of the Cloud FinOps team’s processes and data
What do I need?
- 2+ years of professional experience in information technology operations
- Experience in navigating, cleansing, and integrating data to maintain an accurate self-service cost reporting platform
- Experience with development of cost reporting dashboards using cloud cost management tools such as Cloudability, CloudHealth, PowerBI etc..
- Experience in general cost management practices: budgeting, cost forecasting and tracking
- Practical knowledge of cloud cost management capabilities and pricing models
- Experience in, or desire to build knowledge of cloud spend analysis to derive insights
- Deep analytical, critical thinking and quantitative skills
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Technology
- Azure Administrator certification or above
- FinOps certification, or ability to achieve within 6 months
- Experience with cloud optimisation practices (eg capacity planning, rightsizing, tagging) or cloud cost optimisation tools (e.g. Cloudability, Cloud Health)
- Experience with authoring PowerBI or similar Business Intelligence models to model cost optimisation opportunities
- A bias toward automated processes. An aversion to manual processes and workarounds.
- Technical leaders, application owners
- Finance analysts
- Technical Engineering
- Public cloud vendors, primarily Microsoft
- Discount on our health insurance, travel, car, home, contents and pet insurance products as well as discounts when you attend a Bupa Dental clinic or purchase glasses from a Bupa Optical store.
- A dedicated internal wellbeing team provides you with a range of services, such as a global resilience program, regular training opportunities on a range of wellbeing topics and access to a variety of wellbeing discounts.
- An additional well-being day each year to treat yourself.
Bupa is an international healthcare group which has been committed to a purpose of longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world for more than 70 years. In Australia and New Zealand, Bupa supports more than 5 million customers through a broad range of health and care services including health insurance, aged care, rehabilitation, dental, optical, medical, hearing, and medical visa services.
Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity, and own story is respected and valued.
- Company: Bupa
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner