What you’ll do
Reporting to the Vice President, Cloud, the Associate Vice President, Cloud FinOps and Governance, will lead optimization, management, strategy and roadmap for cloud consumption. You will be at the heart of Canadian Tire’s cloud program, by continuously influencing right-sizing and cost optimization opportunities. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that Canadian Tire receives value for every cloud dollar spent. You will be an integral member of the dynamic cloud computing team continuously innovating and improving our path on cloud financial controls and optimization, while helping to drive a culture of accountability regarding efficient cloud usage/spend.
- Oversees the Cloud budget while working closely with the Cloud team to meet financial objectives.
- Performs analysis, creates decks and presents regular operational reviews to leadership on financial analysis of cloud computing spend for CTC.
- Creates metrics, reports, and recommended remediation options and plans for financial excellence in the cloud.
- Analyzes spending trends and opportunities for savings and advises consumers with specific recommendations for improvement.
- Participates in deep architectural discussions to help product/project teams make the most cost-efficient choices in the financial aspects of the Discovery, Estimation, Planning, and Execution process on Cloud Financials.
- Provides financial analysis of business unit on-premise spending, translating it to cloud spend in formal business cases where analysis may include projections for the cost of tools, maintenance, depreciation/amortization, the impairment of assets, and labour efficiencies.
- Provides discounted cash flow comparison between on-premise spending and cloud spend to support business cases. When necessary, draft and present qualitative aspects of the migration business case to client stakeholders.
- Conducts regular training on cloud FinOps to the IT team while ensuring an increase in the financial acumen of the cloud engineering team and support teams.
- Works closely with Local IT Finance and other Finance teams for accurate and timely Cloud Ops financial management while ensuring a healthy IT 3rd Party Vendors’ financial relationship to achieve overall IT Business Unit financial and service delivery objectives.
What you bring
- Strong Financial analysis with the ability to develop and present a financial analysis of a client’s spend and make related recommendations.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant cloud optimization experience and 5+ years of finance experience working in a large corporation.
- Deep passion for cloud technology and ability to articulate the cloud value proposition in both technical and financial aspects.
- Persistent, tenacious and able to navigate challenging business situations, constantly finding opportunities to drive value.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Proficient working understanding of Azure cloud computing platform and its pricing dynamics, with knowledge on Google are significant plus
- Proficient user of Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools
At Canadian Tire we work flexibility embracing ‘Hybrid’ whereby individuals utilize a combination of working at a CTC campus and virtually in service of outcomes. Determined by managers, decisions around work location will be made based on business and team needs and grounded in a desire to support individual well-being and personal needs. Our goal is to empower teams and individuals to make the right decisions for them, and we expect that to look different for everyone.