About The TeamThis is a unique opportunity to be one of the foundational Cloud FinOps team members of the Cloud Governance function at Canva. The Cloud FinOps vision is to have a culture that empowers engineers at Canva to seamlessly maximise value for every dollar spent in the Cloud. If you have a passion for continuous learning, collaboration, problem solving, and building awesome technical solutions to solve real business problems, joining our team will put you in the spotlight to help Canva achieve its grand vision and strategy.What You’ll Do (responsibilities)
- Hands-on development, tuning, and overall management of our FinOps platform.
- Design, build out, and autonomously lead discussions around our teams’ products to support answering questions from our product teams and company leaders.
- Responsibility for the continued development of new features, functionality, and optimisation from raw data ingestion, to the access and modelling layer, through to maintaining the visualization layer.
- Responsibility for establishing a FinOps culture at Canva.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of software development experience, someone who’s looking for that step up in their career with an open mind to step into future leadership roles.
- Coding proficiency in Golang (or Python but willing to upskill in Golang)
- 2+ years working with infrastructure as code and Cloud providers, AWS preferred.
- Experience with data ingestion and transformation in modern cloud-based data platform solutions such as Snowflake and dbt.
- Strong SQL skills and experience in data modelling.
- Experience developing dashboards and reporting systems.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Experience owning, tracking, and delivering goals, working both independently and in teams.
- The ability to guide and mentor other team members and improve the way we collaborate, learn and share ideas.
Working at CanvaOur culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.