Director – Cloud Economics
Published: 16th December 2022
Closing Date: 1st April 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to build and scale a cloud advisory consulting capability that will take our clients on a journey of business transformation by leveraging cloud technologies. The role will focus on cloud economics advisory. We will help our clients:
- Understand the business case for cloud that goes beyond just cost takeout and focuses on new business models, innovation, growth and sustainability
- Develop commercial models and strategies for cloud enabled transformation
- Implement the right contractual, commercial and consumption models for different cloud technologies across public / hybrid / multi-cloud deployments
- Gain control of cloud spend and optimise cloud resource usage
- Enable cloud financial management through value benchmarking, tooling, methodology, IP development
- Establish Cloud FinOps frameworks and functions and run FinOps as a service
- Unlock the business value of cloud, maximise cloud investments, track, meet and improve business, financial, operational and financial KPIs
We seek a Director level candidate to join the team to strengthen our consulting go-to-market in cloud economics. You will be part of the practice leadership team and you’ll help drive our growth strategy and shape our offers in this space. You will also be responsible for growing our people, develop our cloud economics capability and lead sales and delivery work with new and existing clients. You’ll generate new business/sell and deliver in excess of £2m per annum of management consulting work.
Why this role?
You’ll help set the direction, driving forward the business, model our values and behaviours, and coach and develop junior members of the team. Key expectations from this role include:
- Business Development – Using a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network to generate sales of circa £2 million per annum.
- Client Engagement – Engaging at C-Suite level with clients and potential clients, developing relationships with senior members of the client organisations, presenting complex solutions in a logical, structured and compelling manner
- Developing timely and relevant propositions in cloud economics
- Thought Leadership – Acting as an authority and thought leader in cloud transformation in one or more of our target sectors
- Team Development & leadership – Contributing to the plan for effective development of Cloud Advisory capability unit
- Project Delivery – Leading large teams and ensuring effective delivery and timely completion of projects/programmes in alignment with commercial goals
- Knowledge and Expertise – A strong awareness, experience and thought leadership of cloud adoption business cases, cloud operating models, cloud business and technology strategies, and cloud economics.
You’ll bring consulting experience in winning, delivering and leading Cloud Economics projects within one of more of Financial Services, Government, Utilities, Consumer Products, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Telecommunication or Media companies and have a passion for transforming business through enabling technology and transforming the way clients operate.
You will ideally have:
- Experience of cloud advisory engagements across one or more of AWS, Azure and GCP. Experience with Oracle and IBM clouds will be nice to have.
- Experience in TCO and economic impact modelling for S/4 HANA cloud migrations and Rise with SAP
- Experience in creating business cases for large scale cloud-based business transformations and data centre exits
- Experience in building cloud value propositions, value benchmarking, benefits tracking and maximising business value of cloud technology investments
- Experience of working with CFOs, financial and procurement functions in addition to IT stakeholders across engineering, architecture, and management functions.
- Experience in directly managing or helping clients manage £mm cloud spend
- Experience in building and leading teams
- A background in finance, procurement and/or business management is nice to have
- Have strong understanding of multi-cloud strategies and related regulatory and compliance requirements
- Have a proven track record of creating cloud advisory propositions and building a pipeline of work
- Proven ability to be successful in a matrixed organisation, and to enlist support and commitment from peers in selling and delivering consulting / advisory solutions.
- Experience of proposition building and delivery.
- Currently working in a major consulting firm, and/or in industry but having a consulting background.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships, company relationships and your own network, you’ll be generating c.£2m of consulting revenues (Director).
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
- Company: Capgemini
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Director
- FinOps Certifications Required: None