Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you
Engineering 360 Director of Product Management
Capital One is looking for an experienced product leader who can lead key initiatives in the E360 team. This team is optimizing Capital One developer’s focus on creating competitive applications by enabling the tooling and best practices to both deliver code faster and, in the background, drive automation that ensures applications are well managed. As a value stream lead, you will own the strategy and execution of the vision; inspire and direct your team, users and adjacent teams; drive a continuous discovery process, optimizing for user adoption. This leader will instill an outcome orientation in the team and alignment with other product and technology leaders to optimize cross teams efforts. One of the most important aspects of the role is the focus on talent, recruiting, and building a world-class team to deliver on this journey.
In this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas:
- Human Centered
- You’ll deeply immerse yourself in knowing your internal and/or external customer(s) by employing empathy and design thinking to define broad-scale solutions that provide breakthrough leverage
- You’ll model adaptability by encouraging continuous evolution to product strategy in light of industry trends, emerging solutions, new insights and changing customer and business needs
- Business Focused
- You’ll deeply learn the financial drivers, externalities, and points of leverage within your domain to identify new products or product enhancements that drive sustainable value for Capital One
- You’ll be promote a culture anchored in data, used to instrument products, validate outcomes, drive insights, and manage the business both tactically and strategically
- Technology Driven
- You’ll be responsible for fostering a strong agile discipline and inspiring teams to continuously improve delivery evidenced through key agility metrics
- You’ll partner with Technology leaders to influence end-state architecture and drive secure, resilient, performant and scalable technology solutions that solve material customer and business problems
- You’ll govern the responsible and efficient application of technology resources by assessing opportunities for reusing existing solutions, clearly defining minimum viable products, and always building with extensibility in mind
- Transformational Leadership
- You’ll establish a long-term product portfolio strategy, informed by customer and business needs, and partner with leaders and stakeholders to regularly drive alignment, secure resources and overcome impediments
- You’ll attract, grow, empower, and inspire top product talent as they develop and deliver on their local product strategy in an iterative, outcome-focused and well-managed way
As part of the developer tools team (E360), you’ll have access to:
- Design the future of a system that ensures applications are well managed while optimizing developers’ time towards application development.
- Work with leaders across the company to find and take advantage of valuable shared services, allowing your team more time to focus on unique, high-value work
- Delve into microservice and cloud-native architecture to decouple business strategy changes from underlying transaction processing logic, increasing speed to market and reducing risk
- Drive accelerated continuous discovery process that optimizes on user adoption through outcome orientation and empowerment
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious. You’re comfortable navigating between the big ideas and executional realities to create an achievable strategic Product Vision. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer. You’re comfortable influencing a group of executives as well as communicating your product vision clearly to your associates and partners. You can be open to different communication styles and listen carefully to diverse sets of ideas.
- Do-er. You’re biased toward action, and are willing to make commitments and trade-offs with other leaders to remove impediments for your team; you are a leader obsessed with delivering valuable in an iterative way focusing in minimum viable product
- Passionate & Customer Focus. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs and build long lasting relationships.
- Learner. You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when exploring unknown technologies; you will seek for internal solutions before building new
- Team Player. You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You are also able to coach others and be a mentor in product development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 5+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $220,987 – $260,715 for Director, Product Management