Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Lead DevOps Engineerswho are passionate about maximizing the cost efficiency of our AWS infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that help meet regulatory needs for the company
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Ruby and Go, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, CM tools including Ansible and Terraform, and a variety of AWS tools and services
- Design, deploy, and support cost-efficient AWS solutions
- Research cloud cost abnormalities and provide insights into its financial impact and solutions for supporting needed changes for correction
- Identify areas of high influence that can be implemented centrally to increase the overall efficiency of our AWS spend.
- Work with lines of businesses to implement savings opportunities within their cloud footprints and applications.
- Create and implement actionable plans for the highest cost applications at Capital One, working with application and division leads to drive savings.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance around architectural best practices that help elevate Cost Optimization as a pillar of the Well-Architected Framework
- Influence and help achieve our enterprise cost efficiency strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 3 years of experience in Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 4 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience
- 7+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- 4+ Experience with technologies Apache Mesos, Marathon, or Apache Spark
- 4+ Experience using build and deployment tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- 2+ Experience with distributed database systems (Cassandra, ElasticSearch)
- 2+ Experience with deploying clustered web services
- 2+ years experience working within Agile Development Practices