Product Management at Capital One is a booming, vibrant craft that requires reimagining the status quo, finding value creation opportunities, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our portfolio of businesses and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent, and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one who introduces change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then product management at Capital One may be a fit for you
In this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas
- Human Centered
- You’ll define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams deliver results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery, capable of thin-slice MVP grooming
- You’ll leverage customer insights to influence priorities and roadmap feature development while advocating for and driving alignment between stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria
- You’ll obsess over UX/UI patterns and seek to create world class, omni-channel experiences
- Business Focused
- You’ll own and prioritize the near-term product roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, quickly identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
- You’ll utilize balanced judgment in decisions about risks of both actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster in a well-managed way for the immediate team
- Technology Driven
- You’ll understand and leverage technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with technology team to drive comprehensive design decisions out of white space technical problems
- You’ll share business strategy and roadmap with Tech partners to establish context while also leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside Tech Lead
- You’ll deliver value by creating reusable, extensible and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key metrics on security, resilience and performance are not performing
- Transformational Leadership
- You’ll develop and communicate a 6-month vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate details and transparency on risks and impediments, and proactively build relationships with those outside of your immediate team resulting in horizontal influence
- You’ll Contribute to team culture and recruiting by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and mentoring and developing junior product associates
As part of theCloud and Connectivity Product team, you will:
- Play a crucial role in driving the development and enhancement of our cost optimization product and solution, ensuring they meet the needs of our customers.
- Your expertise in Finops will be a significant advantage in understanding financial operations and providing strategic insights.
- If you are passionate about optimizing cloud expenditures and have a proven track record in product management, we encourage you to apply and contribute to our innovative cloud cost management solutions.
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually Curious.You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a hunger to learn and a seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer.You can communicate complex ideas clearly regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. You always can rally associates to work with you.
- Do-er.You’re biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around roadblocks and stay focused on your goals. You’re well organized, able to multitask and able to prioritize your work.
- Passionate & Customer Focus.You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You get a thrill from the journey of building and shipping products, and you have a desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
- Learner.You have an appetite to learn new things or new technologies all while exhibiting humbleness when the time comes to ask for help.
- Team Player.You enjoy working with diverse people and driving the team toward a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and establish long-lasting relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product management experience or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in Agile product management
- Hands on AWS Cloud, FinOps, or Cloud Infrastructure experience