Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer (Remote-Eligible)
Published: 17th February 2023
Closing Date: 17th April 2023
We are seeking a Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer who is passionate about maximizing the cost efficiency of our AWS infrastructure. As a Capital One Senior Cloud FinOps Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, deploy, and support cost-efficient AWS solutions
- Research cloud cost abnormalities and provide insights into its financial impact and solutions for supporting needed changes for correction
- Identify areas of high influence that can be implemented centrally to increase the overall efficiency of our AWS spend.
- Work with lines of businesses to implement savings opportunities within their cloud footprints and applications.
- Create and implement actionable plans for the highest cost applications at Capital One, working with application and division leads to drive savings.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance around architectural best practices that help elevate Cost Optimization as a pillar of the Well-Architected Framework
- Influence and help achieve our enterprise cost efficiency strategy
Successful candidates will possess:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to document solutions and present ideas to cross-functional teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Solid understanding of AWS solutions and services
- A solid understanding of what comprises a scalable, robust, supportable design
- A passion to drive cost savings strategies
- A bias toward action, along with an internal drive for continuous improvement
- A passion for teamwork
- Ability to work in a flexible work environment that embraces rapid change, emphasizes continuous learning, and attacks new challenges
- Ability to adequately discuss technical issues with technicians, engineers, architects and vendors.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated team that is geographically dispersed, as well as work independently as required.
- Proficient knowledge of common DevOps tools such as Git/Github, Jenkins, containers, etc.
- Proficient Python programming skills with object-oriented design principles desired.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 5 years of AWS experience
- At least 5 years of experience deploying and supporting cloud native solutions
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud financial management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of AWS experience
- 6+ years of experience leading cloud cost management initiatives with cross-functional teams that include engineering, finance or product
- 3+ years of experience with API’s
- 3+ years of experience with pricing models
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $131,400 – $150,000 for Senior Platform Engineer
Location is San Francisco, California: $139,200 – $158,900 for Senior Platform Engineer
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $111,400 – $127,200 for Senior Platform Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
- Company: Capital One
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Senior
- Salary: USD 131000 - USD 158000 Annually, location based.
- FinOps Certifications Required: None