Cloud Program Manager
Published: 27th January 2023
Closing Date: 31st May 2023
Join our team
Centric Consulting is a management consulting firm that guides clients in the search for answers to complex digital, business and technology problems. We help clients conquer change, optimize processes, elevate technology, and best compete in a digital world. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. Headquartered in Ohio, with locations across the country and India, Centric has earned annual recognition by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms since 2016. Visit our website to learn more.
Our Cloud and DevOps team is expanding quickly! As a member of a growing team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our practice by not only participating in client work but also contributing thought leadership both inside and outside Centric Consulting. Our team is a great fit for someone who likes to be both hands-on and dream bigger picture. We’re looking for a Cloud Program Manager to join our growing team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a program of projects, cloud integrations, and system work streams, ensuring coordination of shared resources, common activities, and other dependencies across projects.
- Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design, process engineering, and change management, as needed by the project (approximately 75-100% utilization)
- Develop and manage program financials including forecasting, profitability, invoicing and expense management to include Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, Cloud Cost Optimization techniques and FinOps best practices.
- Maintain the client relationship and keep the client and stakeholders engaged in the project (i.e.: status reporting, issues management, and risk management).
- Manage teams of project managers, scrum masters, cloud engineers, SecOps, DevOps, shared services and other dynamic teams of technology experts.
- Support the design, development, and integration of DevOps pipelines, including automation, CI/CD, IaC, Security, Monitoring, IAM and Logging.
- Partner with the PMO to understand the organization, to determine potential project impacts across the organization, and to tailor the project approach, plan and deliverables accordingly.
- Develop communication plans and facilitate regular meetings including Steering Committee meetings.
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives including the expansion of existing projects, responding to RFP responses, client presentations and executing Statements of Work.
- Support the development of internal processes, documentation and knowledge sharing.
Establish the rules and procedures for making portfolio decisions.
- Create and implements PMO best practices, processes and procedures ensuring alignment with SLDC and business processes.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Experience managing large scale enterprise level cloud delivery programs.
- Experience building cloud program plans based on cloud adoption principals, frameworks, and best practices.
- Experience managing multiple teams, project managers, and system migrations from on premise to the public cloud.
- Experience leading application rationalization, application assessments, and application portfolio management to build migration plans that support business needs, mitigate risk, and optimize integrations.
- Ability to create unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees, is what we do. You should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
- Because we work with clients, excellent communication skills are important – both written and verbal. Translating technical concepts into layman’s terms is an essential skill.
- Initiative is important. We don’t hand hold – you should be comfortable working independently in an entrepreneurial environment. That said, collaboration is equally important. Our Chicago team and other consultants at Centric will give you an amazing support system. You will lean on them daily.
- Last, but not least, you will need to be solid Program Manager, with at least eight years of experience delivering successful projects in a consulting environment including three years as a Program Manager. Experience with a variety of methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) desirable. We would also love if you have managed a diverse portfolio of projects over the years – different size projects, domains, business areas, industries, etc.
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture – Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact – We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences – We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We believe a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment is essential to the work we do. We continually strive to ensure our company is a place where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from, and what experiences they’ve had. Beyond being the right thing to do, it is a business imperative that is fundamental to how we bring our mission and values to life. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation – We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good – We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
- Company: Centric Consulting
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Senior
- FinOps Certifications Required: None